Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 127 12/2/10

Thursday

This morning I woke up chipper, unfortunately no one else did. I was freezing cold though, so in my blanket I went to wake up Selah, and waited until it was time to learn on the couch. It took everyone way too long, and somehow we still only got a word from dad... wait I got it wrong, there was some yelling by everyone followed by me going back to bed.


I slept really well and I crawled out of bed about 11am. I helped mom clean up a bit and I did laundry for her. She was more apt to receive kindness... She started a cute project and I watched her make little ornaments before making one myself. It was so cute~ I had to look up directions online to Ryan's Yg. I'm super excited about it! I ended up inviting a bunch of friends but Jesse was the only one that agreed to come.


So on my way to get him I had to pick up Selah first and take her to the Chrio, it felt like hours at the Chiro thought, we were literally there for almost an hour and thirty minutes. It was absurd, but I think the regular guy wasn't there, they still could've been moving a little quicker. We rushed to speedway after that and grabbed hot dogs and gas. Almost to Jesse's I found out two things:

One- dad called and he was super angry about something-I dont know what.

and Two- we were supposed to have Haunka and I was going to miss it because I was going to youth-group and mom (even though I was gone all day) didn't even tell me.


When we got back I thought dad was going to yell at me and bitch me out but he didn't! I was surprised, instead Selah got chewed out and there wasn't even any Hanuka going on. Augh!

I didn't mean to leave Jesse alone with everyone, defenseless but I had to comfort Selah a bit...

He reported to me in the car that my family is awkward, intimidating and he never wants to come over again. I dont blame him. Dad totally interrogated my friend I hate when he does that. We didn't have time to make cookies which saddened me, and after I showed off my guitar we left.


For the most part the directions were easy to follow, but we couldn't figure out which building it was, so I had to call Josh to get Ryan's number so he would come out and invite us in. I feel like a vampire sometimes, I don't like going in peoples houses unless I'm invited, weird right? Anyhow, it was very cutesy and scholarly, a little beyond indie but lingering I'll just put it that way.

The room was fairly sized, about the same size as my own basement with various couches and chairs surrounding a chair in the middle, a pool table to the left and beverages to the right.

The people were all friendly but God really didn't seem to be moving here at all...


I shook hands with a bunch of very friendly people and then we all sat down and prepared for a very long... drawn out explanation of Acts 17.... did I say long? It was like... how deep can we push past three paragraphs? It was dry, almost like my re-visitation to Clovernook (Lifespring) I would make a small relevant statement and everyone would just look at me glassy eyed as though I was profound! (I know I totally am).

Finally we prayed (phew) Jesse made a good point later on; the way they prayed made it seem as though they were praying to each other. It was totally bizarre. One after another they would recite "Yes Lord, I agree with that prayer, God I thank you for Zoe (the youth group) I would be lost without it... blah blah... what ever that one guy talked about really spoke to me ect." and seamlessly the next person would say almost exactly the same thing. I don't want to dis their faith, because they were putting it in God (I hope) but I guess from my perspective it was ... just strange.


Afterwards I had an alright time hanging out. I really... It was nothing like I thought it'd be. Nothing.

Jesse and I talked about it in the car on the way back and I didn't even get us lost! praise the Lord, He made it 100% safe! it was snowing hard core too it even seemed like we were going light speed. :D


I miss you. I wish I could take you with me to these places and experience them around you. I pray each day that you would encounter the Holy Spirit and you would be able to see where your at and what your in. I dont mean that in a bad way, not at all I just want you to know the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment