Wednesday December First.
This morning was alright. I ended up sleeping in a bit, but once I was up, since I couldn't seem to do anything else right I did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. In the midst of that mom told me that Selah needed cookies for her thing with girls club. I volunteered to make them! I even did a really good job. They even looked and tasted good! I didn't have Xanthan gum or I'd have made them perfect and gluton free.
Regardless, for the first time in a while I got it right :). About then I received a phone call from Paula that I'd missed the very important underground meeting. Oops.
I had completely forgotten and I felt terrible about it. Anyhow, apparently they had discussed me and how I was a vital part of this programmed. It was very exciting for me that for the first time in a long time I'm actually appreciated. My voice is important to someone! My measly little opinions matter and they want to hear what I have to say! Among other news of the school Paula told me they were rescheduling so I could be there on like a Saturday soon because we're leaving in a few weeks.
After the cookies I spent a bit of time online and then I remembered that Ryan Finke ( the guy from the funeral) invited me (Actually I invited myself) to his College Bible meet. I was so excited to possibly be a part of an adult group, and on top of that Rachel invited me for food.
I got directions to the house and after getting Selah from the Blairs I headed up there. They live near the highway. Selah informed me that there were only three cake tags left! That was exciting to hear.
When I got there the mom gave me the best hug I have had in years. No joke, biggest hug ever! It lasted like two whole minutes and then she made me hot chocolate, but Kelsy said she wanted to make it for me. Its so nice to make new friends! Lets see: There's Mom, awesome hugger; Tom, awesome grumpy scottish dad; Kevin, screamo musician that works with Kylie, the youngest sister; Kelsie, oldest sister and her boyfriend Doug, then Jesse and Rebecca. Plus two dogs, Cam and Mattie and then Jesse's two cats.
Everyone was so sweet and nice! I got there around 6:30pm or something like that and then we had dinner a little after 7pm. It was really good! Velvita shell noodles with buffalowings! As soon as Tom saw the cookies they were gone, (I brought the left over chocolate chip ones with me) for good he really liked them. Around 8 or 9ish we (for fun) piled into the car to get Kylie from her job, she wasn't home yet. I got to hear underoath and that was interesting. One returned we sat around the the tv and watched some movie called the Illusionist, it was interesting...In the end we shaired stories of how we got where we are in Christ and I shared a little about my freeing captive hearts class... It was refreshing to spend time with people with similar ideas. I didn't go home until 2am atleast. God loves me so well.
I had completely forgotten and I felt terrible about it. Anyhow, apparently they had discussed me and how I was a vital part of this programmed. It was very exciting for me that for the first time in a long time I'm actually appreciated. My voice is important to someone! My measly little opinions matter and they want to hear what I have to say! Among other news of the school Paula told me they were rescheduling so I could be there on like a Saturday soon because we're leaving in a few weeks.
After the cookies I spent a bit of time online and then I remembered that Ryan Finke ( the guy from the funeral) invited me (Actually I invited myself) to his College Bible meet. I was so excited to possibly be a part of an adult group, and on top of that Rachel invited me for food.
I got directions to the house and after getting Selah from the Blairs I headed up there. They live near the highway. Selah informed me that there were only three cake tags left! That was exciting to hear.
When I got there the mom gave me the best hug I have had in years. No joke, biggest hug ever! It lasted like two whole minutes and then she made me hot chocolate, but Kelsy said she wanted to make it for me. Its so nice to make new friends! Lets see: There's Mom, awesome hugger; Tom, awesome grumpy scottish dad; Kevin, screamo musician that works with Kylie, the youngest sister; Kelsie, oldest sister and her boyfriend Doug, then Jesse and Rebecca. Plus two dogs, Cam and Mattie and then Jesse's two cats.
Everyone was so sweet and nice! I got there around 6:30pm or something like that and then we had dinner a little after 7pm. It was really good! Velvita shell noodles with buffalowings! As soon as Tom saw the cookies they were gone, (I brought the left over chocolate chip ones with me) for good he really liked them. Around 8 or 9ish we (for fun) piled into the car to get Kylie from her job, she wasn't home yet. I got to hear underoath and that was interesting. One returned we sat around the the tv and watched some movie called the Illusionist, it was interesting...In the end we shaired stories of how we got where we are in Christ and I shared a little about my freeing captive hearts class... It was refreshing to spend time with people with similar ideas. I didn't go home until 2am atleast. God loves me so well.
No comments:
Post a Comment