Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 123 (11/28/10)

Sunday

Today was the best day ever.

I think mom woke me up. And even crawling out of bed I tried to dismiss the ominous cold I was developing. I scrambled to get dressed and suited up wisely for a cold day. Selah and I shared our wisdom @ new hope, it was cute we did a little play and I even got into it :).  I was so proud It was great.
With a little more Holy Spirit they'll have complete control over these unruly little kids. Now I had been invited for free icecream by Jesse's half sister. I think you would like him, he is seriously the perfect combination of those two groups ever! Seriously! And he's on fire for God! So exciting!!!!!! Whee.

Moving on, Selah and I both cruised over to NGM where I grabbed him from the parking lot, I got gas and went home and dropped off Selah while grabbing my notebook and Dsi for pictures! If he'd known his way around town we'd have gotten there sooner but his directions were a little off, that's okay though we still made it safely. Rachel was an absolute doll, she was so sweet and totally in it for God! We didn't realize it at first but we actually already knew each other! We piled into her car and picked up her friend Meridith, it was sweet! After getting a little gas we were on our hour-long drive to Dayton. We passed Xenia and wound up in Yellow Springs. the first thing we did was feed the goats.

Goats are super-weird. They look all  cute with their floppy little ears but their eyes are just bizarre! Its like Hypno-toad all over again but in goat form. Not to mention the way they eat the food; it was a fascinating experience. Then we went in the little barn, there were pigs, a baby calf, two chickens and lots of cows. All the cows looked so sad though, but they were huuuge! I dont know if I've ever been that close to a cow before... If I curled up you could probably fit like five of me inside her. I think she was pregnant because she was super huge and breathing really heavy. After we spent some time in there Rachel thanked me for being a good sport and asked me if I wanted to wash my hands lol. The inside of the shop was very cute but also very touristy. There was even an adorable welsh couple with their baby, so sweet!

So many different flavors of icecream to choose from! All home-made! I finally decided on pumpkin and I ended up getting a free scoop because it was of the month! And She bought it for me, I felt like it was me almost. She was so cool, Turns out she knows maria hunter as well And we both went to Flipside roughly around the same time! IT was incredible, and she went to Church on Fire, which means she knows Beca as well!
After that delicious icecream, and some cheese tasting (and purchasing ^_^) we were driving back through the little hippy town (this hippy was almost worse  than California hippy ><) Mutually deciding that stopping to have lunch at Ha Ha pizza was a must. IT was neat, the art was local and the pizza was fairly cheap. It was way better than Richards! We had so much fun! I got to know them better and turns out Rachel totally knows the Brooks (people I know)  and it was just so neat to get to talk to her! The ride home was way longer than the ride there, and I was so thankful she was driving because I felt exhausted! When we got back she invited us to play cards but I said I had to go to church because our missionary (David) was speaking tonight. She was just as happy to know me as I was to know her so I got a smile and a hug! I asked Jesse and he said he'd actually like to come. Praise God.

We ended up being super early, so early that I even got to hug the little riddles. It was very nice. A little awkward at first because I wasn't sure what to say, but eventually people began to show up and it was less awkward. I met some sweet new people! And that's when I found out Jesse knows Becca. They played cards for a bit before we were ready for worship. Mom showed up alone and in a bad mood so I can only wonder what I missed at home. Armed with a pencil and paper I grabbed my more lighted spot. First there was some prayer followed by a beautiful worship. I was all prepared and open to receive some words from the Holy Spirit but I ended up writing a love letter instead. It was pretty long and I'll upload it next. I'd take a picture but my handwriting is rather sloppy, I have it typed though :). Half way through David's incredibly amazing message I began to see wavy lines around the page so I sketched them in and started shading. I think it turned out pretty good... So David's message was about how people keep running from the love of God when God is just trying so hard to be our friend and bless us. His message really summed up everything I've been thinking lately. I was excited and enthralled. There was sort of a prayer  - alter call after  the message and everyone prayed for everyone it was so incredible. Though talking to Jesse I knew a little about his past but when Mr. Riddle came to pray over him he really just nailed it! The Holy Spirit moved, I could feel it. It was glorious.

Impeccably glorious.

I stayed downstairs not because I wanted prayer but because I just wanted to spend more time soaking, I tried not to listen to others words because they weren't mine to hear but I almost cried anyway and then Mr. Riddle came over and started praying for me and  through him the God really did a work in me. I was too out of it to really get everything he said, but the biggest things were that God doesn't want me to worry about the vacation because he said he was going to handle it all. All of it. As soon as I hear d that in my heart I rejoiced I was so happy and I still am. And then he went on to tell me about how God enjoys the time he spends with me. Intimately God loves me and likes to hang out with me. Thank you God. Thank you.

Endlessly I felt so freed and so comforted and loved. Mr. Riddle might have said more but I dont know. When he left my side I went to blow my nose. Coming back I sat next to a girl about my age, I dont know her I think her name was Brittany. She was just on the couch rocking back and forth like I do when I'm out of it. So I rubbed her back which is something I like when I'm just in my head. Then the team came over and prayed over her and I didn't want to hear but I did and I believe that if she comes back we could both help each other because we seem to have similar aches. 

Once everyone calmed down, and everyone was prayed over and such we had a great time socializing, but when it was left down to just me, Jesse, mom and the Riddles she gave me the 'look'
That "I want to be alone and get my own help" look typical. I love her. So we left and drove around the neighborhood a bit just chatting. Looking at Christmas lights was fun, I dropped him off at his truck at NGM and we talked about Gods love and the stupid stuff we've done in our pasts.
He had me promise not to get myself into any danger or anything. So for the first time in a long time, some one told me they had respect for me, and cheered me on. He said he wishes the best for us no matter what.

My drive home was calming. Ironically we briefly joked about periods and the postition of the moon and you'll never guessed what happened to me as soon as I got home. :P Being sick is no fun at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment