Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 115 (11/20/10)

Saturday

Today felt like Sunday all day. I was pretty convinced. I slept in a little later today, more on purpose thought. Sigh.. I think I broke my toe- it seriously hurts very badly. mom had already tiered the cake when I got up. that irked me because i thought it would be better to leave them down until we transported them. Mom disagreed. So I spent  the whole day dodging my edgy family and having everyone else ignore me. The day felt like molasses, I'm glad its finally done. I did about 1/4th of the cake decorating so I felt a little bad about that still but you know what? In the end I am still loved.

Around 4ish we drove the cake down to the center to add the finishing touches, all together it looked spectacular. I got to see Roxanne in her dress... she was stunning, spectacular, she looked so perfect I cant tell you, but to see her that joyful it just absolutely blessed my heart. I cried. she was so beautiful (still is) and Conway was so bashful. It was a total wow moment. Finished with the cake, we went home to change, dad had bought KFC (even though there would be food at the wedding) but I'm glad he did either way. Bless God.

We got there as the band were playing, we all grabbed random seats and quietly worshiped. Honestly the band tried really hard but I don't think they had it all together. To my musically opinionated and picky (very picky) ears they sounded awful, but that is besides the point, what matters is that they were there to worship, and they did a good job of  that. Will came out a song too early which was a little funny then there was a word followed by an alter call with some prayer, then Conway and Roxanne gave little stories about themselves they exchanged vows and such and then Will and then the rings then kiss the bride...
It was so beautiful and pure, after that it was time to eat! Yay! Faust doesn't know what he's missing, out recruiting psht!
I think I told you I invited Faust, I just wanted to get him out of the house...

The wedding itself was just incredibly lovely! I could describe to you endlessly how wonderful it was. After the ceremony and some prayer it was time to eat. The food was very country, greasy and delicious. There were buns and cornbread with shredded pork and chicken, coleslaw and green beans. And the little Riddles were SOO cute, they were SO excited to eat cake. Conway and Roxanne cut it together, everyone loved it.
The cake wasn't all that good to me, perhaps I was bitter sweet because I didn't help as much as I should/could have... Everyone socialized and fellowship ed and mom and I stayed until very late. There was one little boy who absolutely was there to help everyone he was nice, and then Becca's siblings were so sweet, they had the cutest dresses.
In the end it was so beautiful, and encouraging, and inspiring to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment