Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 114 (11/19/10) Put on your Seatbelt and Zip your Lips

Friday- you know me better than that.

Today was good. For the THIRD time in a row, no one woke me up. Mom say's she did but I don't even remember rolling over. I don't recall a second of it. when I finally did get up, showered and came upstairs mom had already iced the cakes. I felt pretty dumb, I even put shampoo in my hair instead of styling gel. After all that mom and I left for Michaels for some sparkles and ornament grapes. After that we shared a quick lunch from Chipolte before going together to get Sophie and Spencer, and then we got Selah who had pottery she had made to share. With Selah we made a trip to the florist (mom needed a flower identified) and we also stopped at Wendy's because Spencer said he was very hungry.

I learned how to make marshmallow fondant its really easy but I still managed to screw that up too.
mom kept having to come to my rescue. Later i tried to make regular old chocolate icing, the stuff on the back of the Hershey powder box and I really messed that up, it was chunky O_o.
I made some okay rose centers but I dont think mom even used them. Even when I started doing the one thing I thought I could do: marbling fondant (its when you mix the colors so they look like marble)
and I  thought it looked great, mom did not. So finally I just made chocolate border around the bottom of the cake (a strip of chocolate fondant) and mine actually turned out better than hers, but in the end I still felt like a screw up. By the time I did everything I could it was 9pm, I kind of had to get ready to go.

Choosing what to wear was a pain, I made it though and decided on casual yet colorful. I probably looked ridiculous but I was happy. Stopping for gas I ran into crazy black Steve (I'm not racist that's just his nickname) He's really nice and friendly but secretly a gay closet clepto. Feeling outrageous I invited him to tag along,
If nothing else I knew he'd protect me and have my back if anything happened

We had a nice catch-up chat on the way there, Leia text-ed me and let me know that it was 7$ to get in instead of free. I payed the nice lady and got my double HxC X's and then it was time to find Leia and John. Steve who'd been here before showed me around. There were  three big rooms; a general house-music dance room that would later become an all out
dance central. Then there was an- I'm not joking- a very serious line dancing room. Where if you screwed up they would escort you off the dance floor! It was line-dancing only! Finally there was a mainstream chill room, called the Chill. That was where we found the two of them, turns out John didn't really want to dance, he said he didn't really feel like it and that he wasn't the dancing type. I think he was just being a sourpuss because I'm not the dancing type either.

when we went back into the house dance room the bartender was drawing, and it was way cool, he seemed to be inking a picture of a solder, it was very well drawn. I gave him props and a glow stick, and later when they were throwing beads into the crowd, he wanted some so I gave him mine, I didn't really want them anyway.
I'm really glad I got brought Steve with me thought, he was a pretty good bodyguard, some dude reached for me when we were near the bar and he totally pulled me out of the way. My time there wasn't anything special, and I really wasn't impressed, in fact I doubt I'll ever go back because honestly... I mean... the place was ridiculous and full of drunks and idiots. There was one notable event though, there was this really awesome (probably wasted) British guy; black hair, vibrant blue eyes and he was having  the best time of everyone!
He was probably the only guy in  the crowd  that wasn't putting on a show, he was having a genuinely good time and dancing his heart out!. Suddenly out of the blue security just grabbed him and dragged him out, still dancing. He passed out once in the cab, after that we pretty much left.  I think its pretty safe to say that I'd rather just wait for a con-rave than go to a club, clubs are dumb. They always have been.

Besides if I wait for the con, it makes the experience ten times better because you've been anticipating it!
The music is better too.

On the way back we talked about Steve's daughter, she's so adorable and he said his girlfriend's been good to him lately and lets him see her. I hope you can be acquainted with him some time, but since that group of friends doesn't live near me anymore I've decided to just let them go. It was fun times for a while, a few months, but I think I've grown out of it. I'd rather be patient and have a better time then just go out all the time and have it not be that great.

I hope your not worried about it or anything because honestly it was super lame. I really dont  want to go back, the  whole image is pretty low, and I'm better than that so I dont see any point at keeping that thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment