Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 66/212 (10/1/10)

Firday (I'm not fixing that)

Today was excellent. Eventhough it took me some time I managed to crawl out of bed at a whopping 6:05am for the NW community church breakfast or something right next to colerain highschool. We had a wonderful breakfast of delishous pancakes sausage and fruit. After a little while  there was a short skit. A kid sitting on another kid's back counting while riding him, when suddenly he fell and exclaimed "Hey! I was counting on you!" Everyone laughed, which was followed by some really good worship music which was then wrapped up by a short message about Jacob and Esau. 

I wanted to go back to bed when w got home but I did not. Instead I got on my computer. About 9am I prepped and baked my cakes for conway and bu 10 am I'd have had my chocolate icing made but I had no chocolate powder. So I ended up making a 45minute W-mart detour followed by an icing that took me 30 minutes to make. It was SO HARD because it was ridiculously soft. However the icing was heaven to spread because of how soft it was but an absolute pain to fix when it dried. Ugh. By teh time I stacked and iced the cake it was past noon. And with mom's help everything was finally done by 1pm. I got to listen to Andrew Womack and I played a little Cave Story. 

Then suddenly Buddy (Spencer's school friend's dad and a Boyscout leader) showed up at our door with a sledge hammer and various other tools and he began to work on our porch steps.  Which over the next two days were completely shredded and stripped and hammered and chiseled ect. Tomorrow morning he said he and Dad are planning to repair them. About 3:30pm mom went to gather the younglings. Oh and I got a package in the mail from the Art Kingdom retreat I'm attending next week. She sent me a packet full of directions and pamphlets yay. I wonder if I'm going by my self or if mom's coming. I wish I was 21 so then I could get a hotel so I wouldn't have to drive so far (this was before I realized that it wasn't that far to begin with.

Then Conway showed up to receive his cake. I read some in my Bible and finished y homework and moved some more stuff around and cleaned upstairs. About 6:30pm Dad say'd he was going to Conway's birthday party so me Selah and mom decided to tag along as well. Selah and I discussed Poke' meme's on the way there and we laughed about some song remakes.
She and I came up with one all on our own about a LP song (no offence I do like LP)

"I've become so numb I can't feel my toes,
I've be come so tired I'm not wearing clothes"

Joel was there when we arrived and Brad and Becca appeared some time later. Basically it was a wonderful time had by all as we exchanged silly stories and discussed everything under the sun.
Everyone loved my cake, even the Riddles who got to enjoy the left overs, it really made me feel accomplished. I've begun  to realized that alot of this time I spend alone, isn't selfish but wonderfull time I can spend with God...
I miss you. I cant wait to spend time with you and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment