Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 71/212 (10/6/10)

Wednesday

I was actually kind of busy today.

I got up and trudged upstairs to lay on the couch while I waited for everyone to be ready. Short and sweet message today :). About 9:30am I got started on my cakes. I made a huge mess of things though. I thought I'd be able to make three cakes with one mix, turns out that is not the case. But lesson learned.
So far I have learned: If the icing is too thick then water it down (but only a little), use a TON of icing for the actual icing part (not necessarily the decorating part), use chocolate for thin stuff, Royal is cute bot not very pretty when it drys... and that's just some of the stuff I've learned!

The whole baking affair took me until about noon, I also made new icing which I mixed into violet. The cake ended up being a giant three layer violet blob with huge goofy looking black butterflys. Just icing the dumb thing took me past two and I had the finishing touches on by four! I had an extra bit that mom didn't want and I didn't need so I threw some spare royal on it and took it next door. I ended up watching the ending to Mission Impossible until I realized it was almost 6pm. I packed up the cake and took it to Chop but there were only like five people there... Mom said that the normal Chop people weren't working tonight, I wondered why none of them recognized me.. 

I didn't leave right away, I actually spent about two hours in the prayer room just doodling and praying. I listened to the Believers Authority when I got home- you've got to hear these Scott... I think they would really help you, plus Womack is southern so you already have that in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment