Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 73/212 (10/8/10) Pt. 1

Friday

I slept pretty well last night, my alarm went off about 7:30am but I stayed in bed until about 9am. Then I bathed (without washing my hair) and got dressed for the day. God has blessed me so well by providing me with this wonderful family friend...
When I was done getting ready I was blessed with a stack of tasty pancakes, and a pretty nice chat about pokemon games with Caleb? Its been a while I don't remember their names so well...
It was absolutely lovely, and Mrs. Denny gave me some really good directions to the art district. God really led me to the Carmel district which was like... super art time :D

You know those weird people statues that are all over Hamilton? Well they have them in Carmel too... except instead of just one or two, they were EVERYWHERE! At least one on every street corner >< .

The miniatures museum was my original destination, however from the side of the road I was on I couldn't see it, therefore I wasn't sure where to park! I drove around a little bit before deciding to park behind the great Indiana Design Center. This building was huge! and though I didn't go inside I could see that there was a lot of very interesting stuff inside...

My first stop was the Indiana Art Gallerie, it was small but the art was fantastic, and absolutely incredible! It was very inspiring I didn't take any pictures though...
Next I went down the street and found my self in a little art shoppe that was lovely. The lady there gave me proper directions to the miniatures museum...
The miniatures museum was really cute, just like in the name, everything was very small! It was all incredibly cute; there was a lot of history there as well. Doll houses from the past, and really old ones, as well as more recent models. I met a woman there who suggested I go to NAME" National Association of Miniatures or something so I did.

Unfortunately that building was closed for some reason so on my way back I was really thirsty and I noticed there was a little building entitled "Candy &Coffee" I thought it was just going to be some weird artsy or Indi coffee shop, but when I opened the poster plastered door I realized that there was candy everywhere! It was like wonka-land except small! As I explored the shop the woman in the back area ( seating area next to the candy bar (no joke)) was unpacking boxes of 50s 60s and 70s candy! I totally bought a box of 50s candy along with a bunch of other silly stuff. Ie: Dont have ugly children gum, fame gum, and Freaking Magical Unicorn gum!

After I dropped all these silly things off at my car I made my way to the Antique mall, I'd never been in an Antique mall before so I was pretty excited. I spent over an hour, and about 30$ there, I also took like 100 pictures. It was an amazing walk through history! I also bought a glass candle holder at the art shop, when it was time for me to set out for the conference (4:30pm) I grabbed a sandwitch from the Bluemoon Cafe just out side the design center. : 3

No comments:

Post a Comment