Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 72/212 (10/7/10)


Thursday

Today was a lot. So much happened today I'm not sure even where to begin.

I actually slept pretty good last night and I was ok this morning but all day I just had this "ugh" feeling. So I sauntered around the house gathering my stuff and piling it in the living room until finally I took a shower and felt better. Before that i took a coffee run for mom about 10 m she made me go to the bank and get money for my trip as a chore gift . I guess dad forgot tell her I lent him money XD I had to shut my mouth and take it anyhow. I gave her a hand full to put in the tithe/offering for the conference I was going to miss. After that shower I felt worlds better and I located the old suitcase and cleaned it out /renovated it.

Meanwhile mom was in the process of cookies. She asked me to do various random chores around the house before I left. Including paint the back door frame with primer (two coats) and vacuum out her car (eww). While I was cleaning her car our good friend Mrs. Riddle stopped by (unfortunately without mini Riddles) to play cookies with mom. And we all had fun playing cookies together. After she left I put another coat up on the door frame and then I left to pick up my siblings from school and take them to the chiropractor .  Finally once everyone was home I sat down to print out my directions.

The directions Mrs. Denny gave me to her house were pretty easy to follow I was a little nervous but not afraid. After some prodding mom finally came and helped me print them (gmaps was being mean ;^;), she got it all set up for me and I was packed and ready to go.  So I was out the door by 5pm and on the road down Reagan. After a few miles I was already in foreign territory, but after about an hour something happened that made me super happy. As soon as you cross the Indiana border the speed limit becomes SEVENTY! 70mph!!!! I was super excited. Yay!

I had no real trouble finding her neighborhood, I simply followed the well written directions she gave me. I only had a little trouble finding her house because her neighborhood is numbered weird...
I did eventually get there however and it was great! I got to see Catlyn, whom I haven't seen in ages, as well as the rest of her family, they're all so kind, they even waited for me to eat dinner together.
The Salad was quite tasty, and Catlyn gave me a tour of the house too which is huge! Her dad works at the airport. She and I chatted and got caught up a little  and then we all chilled in the living room. I talked to her mom about directions then we printed another map so I could find Carmel and the Teter retreat. I'll spend the day in the Carmel art district tomorrow and then on to the art conference.

Today was great. God really blessed and protected me on the road today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment