Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 74/212 (10/9/10)


Saturday

God is God

The plan was for everyone to get up about 7am with breakfast served at 9am. Now I cant give you exact times but I can d o my best. Now, yesterday we covered "What do you want God to do for you this weekend." but I was so exhausted that I didn't really focus. Thankfully we touched on that more today. I was about the only person that slept well, God has really been looking out for me this past weekend. So I was up at  7:30am and dressed by 8 with breakfast on the way. I dragged my art supplies in(which fit in great with everyone elses) and mingled. I tried to work on yesterdays water color but I just wasn't feeling it. So I started something new everyone had their own stuff and it was all fabulous. Some were brand new artists and some were more professional. So I began doodling in watercolor and then 'Scott McElroy began a journey on the Lords Prayer.

At first I was confused a little, I thought we'd just dive right into the prophetic stuff but we didn't. Though as he went on and I began to fill out the worksheet I realized that this was quite wonderful and that it answered a bunch of my prayers. Now although no one confronted me the way I prayed for them too I still met a bunch of gorgeous ladies. most of the way though the prayer it was probably about 11am we took a "listening prayer" break and all split up. I walked with some ladies by the river and at first I tried to draw the trees and pond, and I wish I had taken a picture because it was incredibly beautiful. I cant tell you with words but everything was moving. I tried to draw the trees, then the bank, and the water but I couldn't seem to. So instead I ended up drawing a woman laying down, with glowing orange skin and green hair. You'll see it later I imagine.
I still haven't finished it but anyhow that part of the morning we pretty much spent soaking and making glorious art.

On our way back to the Lodge it was just me alone with one of the Ladies. Turns out from her slight and beautifully authentic wordy accent that she's from London. Her accent was thinner than I thought ut would be but she was still lovely. And so then we had a very nice chat followed by lasagna salad and pumpkin pie for lunch. Yum!
Lasagna and pumpkin pie is one of my favorite food combination's to begin with...
I chilled on the porch swing and ate while talking to one of the ladies about cake decorating, I gave her alot of moms tips. Around 1 or 2pm we started the prophetic art half and Scott shared with us a lot of wonderful words and stuff and just about how and what and were. He had some prophetic art of his own to share and it was very nice, one of the paintings was of a volcano, and the other a beach and an ocean. He claimed to be new to painting but it didn't show at all, I guess that proves how the Holy spirit works in people.

Next we prepared to do some exercises in prophetic drawing, and he started by saying "If you feel your having trouble hearing God's voice or hearing him talk to you, that's ok! Just come up and I'll pray with you. So everyone split into pairs while I, singly and timidly approached him. We both know how well I am at keeping the tears back, but he prayed with me, and for the first time... in like ever. I think I really felt something. It was like a little window was pushed open above me, and someone dumped a bucket of I love you out over top... God told me he loved me, three times in a row. At the same time it was one of those situations where you don't know you need it until you have it.  It was like God had sent me mail, but it'd gotten backed up and I got all three messages at once.

I instantly felt refreshed, through me I feel like Jess works with me, like I have augsbergers or something. He takes the hands of my brain and everything I need to know, we work up to it in stages like therapy.
Since there wasn't any one left for me to partner up with he offered to draw me, to which I accepted. He went first, and took my hands and was quiet, almost demonstrative, and then he started sketching.
The finished product (which I got to keep) was a lion with a dove covering its face. But what really touched my heart was what he had written in the bottom corner, and that's something I hadn't told anyone... Simply that I wanted peace... He told me "There's a peace about you, God has just given you this peace and this thing that you've been looking for." I about lost it, but then it was my turn to draw for him. So I took his hands and in a flash, probably about two seconds I got the image in my head. A grass field with a gust of air blowing the grass to the left and with that motion its a bunch of birds are flying forth from the grass, led by a purple bird. Into a sunset. I colored the whole thing and the whole paper was covered after about 5 minutes.  I didn't get to tell him what I figured out about it later when Jesus showed me what it meant, but I did find out that it was something like the holy spirits gust of wind was blowing the artists out of the covering of the grass, led by him and Jesus we're starting a sort of artists revival in the church and so on.

The next exercise we did was drawing for someone in the room without talking to them, or really knowing who they are sort of situation. You simply pray for a moment ask the Holy spirit to show you what to draw and who to give it too. I ended up drawing a rusty birdcage in a desert with a bright blue sky. The girl I gave it too, I explained that she was stuck in the birdcage but now its all blue skys for her because she's free. I don't know how she felt but I think she got something from it. Someone else gave her a picture too. The final project was to draw a picture for someone who wasn't there.

Packing was simple, I pretty much just threw everything into the car and then went around giving hugs <3
My trip home however was pretty eventful though,  as I left the Teter retrieve and made Right onto Riverwood, and right onto 206, with another right onto SR37 I followed 37 to 426 and turned left like I thought I was supposed to but even though I was on the right road, it was too different.
So I plead to God (because who likes being lost, without a cellphone that has reception) please help me find my way!

So I cant figure out my directions and I'm on 37 looking for an alternate route when suddenly SR 37 becomes HWY69 No joke. I had seen, passed, and heard of 69 earlier but I avoided it because I didn't know much about, Jesus had other plans. Timid and nervous but not afraid I stayed going straight until suddenly I saw the sign for 465 (indiana's verions of 275). I knew that 465 does the same thing our 275 does, meaning it just loops arround the city, so excited I praised the Lord until I realized I was going south... No, thats not right, it said specifically on my directions to be going north. That wasn't what "I" Wanted, regardless I settled down and praised the Lord anyway because even if I was going south I'd eventually loop around and get there anyway. So, somewhat satisfied I looked over my directions and then realized. The opposite of North, is South, I'd have to go south in order to get back to where I was before going North. God had me going the right way all along, bless his name! 465 North is what I took from Mrs. Denny's to Carmel, it would eventually get me back to Brookville So I shifted my directions a little and after that I knew I was on the right track!

I threw in my praise cd after that , I was so excited I could just see God grinning at me because I got it! I was home free after that, I stopped at the gas station on US 52, right by the Denny's, and the only other stop I made was at a rest stop 1/2 way home. I tried to call mom but none of the pay phones would let me make a proper call. Luckily a very kind gentleman, who was taking his wife and two children to the Cincinnati zoo, lent me his cellphone and I called mom. I offered them what money I had but they wouldn't take it :3 I think God set that up :D
I left the lodge at 4:30pm and arrived safely at home by 7om. Bless the Lord, when I was mixed up on the free way I'd told him "I want to be on 74 headed home by 7pm, because that is when it gets dark, and God  got me home right as the sky was getting dark.

After I took probably the best shower ever! Dad and Spencer got home probably an hour and a half after me. And Mom and Selah were on their way back from the TOG conference. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment