Friday pt. 2
All the way driving to the retreat I was worried I might be lost because my directions were very skewed. Everything in Indiana is a round-a-bout, like the one near Faust's house, and its very frustrating. Because not only can you not tell if someones coming, you never know what direction they might be coming from; however God really directed y path and got me to the Teter farm absolutely safely. It was absolutely God and I have no other way to explain it.
Since I was half an hour early I got to spend some time in the woods alone with God, so I asked him to provide me with a new girlfriend who was just as passionate about art as I am.
I didn't want to have to seek a relationship with this person or please them and they were Godly enough that they didn't have any 'problems' I might have had to deal with. (No offense to my other beloved friends, I love you all incredibly much)
I didn't want to have to change to meet someone else's needs, that's unnecessary (with the exception of God.) I haven't seen that manifest yet but I know God's working on it...
[[Editors Note, Mr. Gruber recently informed me that there's a young woman moving into our town who does art like I do and seeks God, he answered my prayer after all :D I havn't met her yet but boy am I excited!]]
I headed back about 6:45pm as everyone was just arriving. At 7:30pm we had an absolutely phenomenal worship and then some food followed by just a sort of -get to know everyone- meeting. It was really great, I really felt a sort of 'concentration' of Gods love in the building and through everyone around me. Even though I was exhausted and my head was really pounding I managed to receive some great prayer. After they prayed for everyone I went straight to bed, I was excited for tomorrow at the same time for being glad today was done. I put my pajamas on and curled up in bed and scribbled today down. The girl that arrived before me was already taking a shower, she came out complaining about the smell... sulfur... it must have been well water. I decided not to bathe the next morning, I figured I already took a shower today I'm sure I'll be fine.
After I prayed over myself I pretty much passed out. It was sort of funny though, earlier today when I was heading to my car I bumped into these two ladies. They mentioned that they had to "meet at 5:30pm" and, without intending to eavesdrop I asked where they were meeting and they simply replied their car with the rest of your friends. I didn't give it another thought other than it was interesting that someone else had the exact same deadline as I did. When I got back to the cabins from having my alone time the same lady (I didn't recognize her at first) confronted me and exclaimed "OMG Are you Judah!?" I said yes and she explained who she was. We had a good laugh about it, she said that after I left she thought "who else could it have been but someone going to the same pace!
I met some really amazing people... And I had a fabulous time...
All the way driving to the retreat I was worried I might be lost because my directions were very skewed. Everything in Indiana is a round-a-bout, like the one near Faust's house, and its very frustrating. Because not only can you not tell if someones coming, you never know what direction they might be coming from; however God really directed y path and got me to the Teter farm absolutely safely. It was absolutely God and I have no other way to explain it.
Since I was half an hour early I got to spend some time in the woods alone with God, so I asked him to provide me with a new girlfriend who was just as passionate about art as I am.
I didn't want to have to seek a relationship with this person or please them and they were Godly enough that they didn't have any 'problems' I might have had to deal with. (No offense to my other beloved friends, I love you all incredibly much)
I didn't want to have to change to meet someone else's needs, that's unnecessary (with the exception of God.) I haven't seen that manifest yet but I know God's working on it...
[[Editors Note, Mr. Gruber recently informed me that there's a young woman moving into our town who does art like I do and seeks God, he answered my prayer after all :D I havn't met her yet but boy am I excited!]]
I headed back about 6:45pm as everyone was just arriving. At 7:30pm we had an absolutely phenomenal worship and then some food followed by just a sort of -get to know everyone- meeting. It was really great, I really felt a sort of 'concentration' of Gods love in the building and through everyone around me. Even though I was exhausted and my head was really pounding I managed to receive some great prayer. After they prayed for everyone I went straight to bed, I was excited for tomorrow at the same time for being glad today was done. I put my pajamas on and curled up in bed and scribbled today down. The girl that arrived before me was already taking a shower, she came out complaining about the smell... sulfur... it must have been well water. I decided not to bathe the next morning, I figured I already took a shower today I'm sure I'll be fine.
After I prayed over myself I pretty much passed out. It was sort of funny though, earlier today when I was heading to my car I bumped into these two ladies. They mentioned that they had to "meet at 5:30pm" and, without intending to eavesdrop I asked where they were meeting and they simply replied their car with the rest of your friends. I didn't give it another thought other than it was interesting that someone else had the exact same deadline as I did. When I got back to the cabins from having my alone time the same lady (I didn't recognize her at first) confronted me and exclaimed "OMG Are you Judah!?" I said yes and she explained who she was. We had a good laugh about it, she said that after I left she thought "who else could it have been but someone going to the same pace!
I met some really amazing people... And I had a fabulous time...
No comments:
Post a Comment