Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 101 (11/6/10) glitter and bubble guns

Saturday

Words can not describe to you how epic today was.
I even slept really good last night, God was kind enough to wake me op at 9am too!
I woke up Selah and let her know that if she wanted to bring her friend she'd have to get up and take care of that immediately. At first I had no idea what to wear and I finally decided on the kaife, kife, kaife? costume.
Selah went as Princess Peach. We stopped for gas on the way, with the directions mom gave me.
God was really watching out for us on our drive because there was construction on 74 that we had to detour around. If it wasn't for the goofey directions I gave Ty on his birthday Selah and I could've gotten horribly lost
Instead we were able to follow the highway signs pretty accurately and we made it absolutely safe. It was very fun to spend time with her, and sing with her in the car.
We arrived around 1pm and spent roughly 20 minutes trying to find a place to park. We'd finally made it and I couldn't even remember where registration was. For a Saturday they weren't busy at all though, and straight away we got our pictures taken! How exciting!!

Once in and with badge, my first stop was the Artist Alley to visit my good o'l friend Chad. And personally thank him for helping me out. After that I was content just to wander the halls and take pictures like always. Unfortunately the Dsi camera isn't as awesome as I thought.
After a bit I made my way to the dealers hall to wander, I only brought 20$ to spend and I really wanted a new messenger bag because Selah's been using my Witch Hunter Robin one, did I leave that at your house?
I've been meaning to watch it again >.> I think you have my Lodoss Wars too, watch that while your at it too! lol
Sadly I didn't see any that I liked, also my pictures came out blurry. But I still had a great time! I like only going for one day at a time because I get just about all I need from that one day. Saturday is of course the best day because its the focus day when most of the best costumes come out! Also, unlike other conventions, Saturday is the cosplay day, Sugoicon doesn't have a masquerade like other cons, they just have a judging ceremony.
Selah entered the ceremony though, and while she didn't win it was still cool that she entered.
After an hour or two of wandering I finally de-tatched from Selah's group because I figured sometimes its easier (and more fun) to be yourself if you dont have someone behind you dragging you around. So I did the wander/ social thing that I love to do and I even joined a small party of TF2 cosplayers, they were pretty neat.

OMG A total of not one, not two but EIGHT people successfully guessed who I was! Most of them took pictures of me AND about three glomped me for being who I was! I even got two thank-yous!
I felt so special, it was really great!

~

I always wondered what the noise room was for and this time I intended to find out.
More than anything it was just a pre-rave adrenaline fueled dance floor in the middle of a crammed cafe. Booming techno music and teens, just hanging out (my one true dream secretly...)
It was so incredibly inspiring to watch the b-boys and girls. One girl and her friend asked me to dance and I admit I made excuses but I wasn't ready yet. She was amasing though when she danced with her boyfriend, it was... wow.
And her lady friend could breakdance like you wouldn't believe! It was beautiful, and made me miss being a dancer... I'm still processing that! I wish you could've seen them because I cant explain it with words, it was like something out of a movie- white kids can dance!

As the day went on I sat in a panel or two and even one where I met a kid dressed up as: no joke! MAT SMITH! as the Doctor! He had the bowtie, beige suit and even the green sonic screwdriver! He was in the "pokemon realizm" panel, which was hilarious by the way. I loved it, they discussed everything from releasing ten year old children into the wild and expecting them to train ruthless animals. Not to mention the senseless goals of team rocket +, and actually team rocket was the only group who had a realistic goal: Money!

It seemed that Hetalia has taken over as the new Naruto... wait scratch that, the new Full metal Alchemist.
I did what I do best for the most part and that is socialize. However I forget sometimes when I go to cons that I have to be careful who I talk to because some people (I'm looking at you fake Kenshin mask guy) just ramble on and on and on and on about the DUMBEST stuff. It is for this reason that I memorize their faces and avoid them at all costs... however, I also often forget why I'm avoiding them, needless to say I entered one or two unnecessary conversations through out the day.

Finally after traveling the halls and repeated entry into the dealers halls and artist ally, I even spent some time
in the video rooms! Some interesting new anime, but mostly dumb in my opinion; it came time for the rave!
Around seven or eight pm they finally closed the dealer hall in preparation for the rave next door.
A tad earlier I had wandered into Main 1 (where the rave was being held at 9pm) because I'd heard some Jonathan Coulton, more specifically I heard "all we wanna do is eat your brains". Excited I went in hoping to find the famed comedy singer, only to be disappointed by a rather lame cover band owning the crowd.
Before 7pm people had begun lining up at the door, by 8:30pm they'd stacked all the way down to the lobby and began using the cue lines! (Over 100 ft) and just before 9pm it was down the stairs near the artist alley.
Main 1 was near the gaming hall but not part of the line to get into the rave. I ran into the girl from the dance there as they were preparing the ball room for the rave, I waited with her and we it was really fun to talk to her, I wish I'd gotten her number or something she seemed really nice. I also ran into Marcus! which was a surprise. He was there with a weird... gothicky... Asian friend. I didn't ask.
About 10 minutes before the rave doors opened I went to find Selah just to make sure she was doing okay and everything, she was great and even went into the rave with me. During my search for her I wound up finding some wigs that were for sale cheaper than usual, out of three I chose a long green one and a natural black one. On my way into the rave the lady at the door actually stopped me and went through ALL my stuff, I was surprised but calm about it. It amused me more than anything else; Once inside I shoved all my stuff under the water table (stupid move but nothing was damaged) and preceded into the crowd.

To begin with the rave was pretty neat, they had flashing lights and loud techno music. I found it amusingly polite that before they opened the doors they warned everyone that there would be strobe lights and so forth. I didn't have my adrenaline pumping right off the bat as I made my way through the croud but I was working my way up there. I stayed near Selah at first before melting in. I found my friend again from before and hopped on a few people trains with her which was fun. After joining various party groups and boarding several trains I finally landed near some girl who handed me pocky. It was then that I had enough hype to do my own thing. This is the tricky part, this is the part that requires all your trust in me to hold true that you understand my feelings for you 100%. I could go on a huge ridiculous spheel and when I type this all up I might come back and do that, but what would the point be? For now the diary gets the short answer. First and foremost you need to know that NOTHING HAPPENED [period] in other words I did not do any sort of cheating of going behind your back or any of that nonesense. Seccondly I'm being as completely honest here as I can, this is a mostly exact re-telling of what I did during the time between 9pm and 12pm.

Probably around 10pm when I got to the point where I was dancing alone in a huge crowd of like-minded people, I needed to encourage myself because this was exactly what I wanted. To dance to techno, and not stop when someone comes in the room, to not be self concious about my dance moves, to have no-one else care about how I was doing or what I looked like.
Dream. Come. True. How did I convince my self to give it all I got You ask? I simply thought of every time I listened to Aarmin Van Buuren and how I dreamed of the cool moves I'd have and I thought about the Oceanlab songs I liked the most and I let'er'rip. Granted I probably looked like Liz Lemon from 30Rock, totally nerding out, regardless of that fact I was in my own little realm... my own lonely little realm.
I started with just going with the flow, I closed my eyes and quietly worshiped God in my head, I'd allways wanted to come to a rave and here I was! Praise the Lord.
It was still hard though, so I simply asked God, please... if I've learned one thing, it'd be that everything is easier with a friend. I asked Him to give me someone to dance with, I didn't care who (preferably a girl) I just want someone there next to me, and so I kept going.

I thanked God for the confidence, for the great time I was having, I wished you were there I wanted to share that experience with you so bad, not that I wont get another chance...
I also had this pent up energy that I really just wanted to get rid of, and as I was switching support legs (I dance weird what can I say... I was copying some of the charismatic people anyway...) someone took my shoulder from behind. I didn't look, I didn't give it thought I just rolled with it. I closed my ees and imagined it was you, I didn't lean back or anything  I just kept moving forward, and I got what I asked for- a dance partner. In a sort of side-ways sort of way I had someone to dance diagonally with, almost like Simon say's.
I carried on like this for about two hours to the point where I wasn't even sweating anymore (thats a bad sign of dehydration!) so I turned and patted him on the shoulder (which was literally soaking... like... an ocean of awesome... you thought you sweat, think again :-] )
 I motioned for drink and he followed me out of the croud. Turns out he was just some indi kid (wearing a girly threadless tee... ) he was also very polite. He said I had good flow and a winning sense of beat. He also! Apolojized asking if he'd made it awkward for me in any way. Thanking him for his concern, he mentioned that he'd also stopped sweating and was glad I suggested water. After a good swig or two I returned to the croud and wound up standing on the sidelines of a B-boy showdown, stringing too it was super epic!
I got a hug out of the whole deal and he asked if I wanted to dance more but I told him (about 12:30am) that I couldn't, and that I had to find my sister and check on her. He nodded and said that was fine and he actually waited outside. That was my most specific interaction with another dancer, I was also cheerily invited to dance with a very excited group of girls at the front of the stage, now that was an experience!

Continuing on, after I located my sister and made sure she was doing okay we returned to the dance floor, but somehow I ended up standing out side talking to this kid, he was but a weakling, claiming his legs hurt and so forth, I didn't think I'd ever be able to bend my knees again but atleast I didn't complain about it.
I found it hilarious that while we were in there someone had dumped glitter on him, literally he was covered from head to foot, and ironically someone had mistaken him for Edward earlier in the day.
We talked for a bit and aparently he's a well decorated philosophy student, and he'd come to prove to his room mates (who look like their straight out of a fraternity) that anime conventions were cool. His roomies were too drunk to care. Upon return to the dance floor, and as I collected my belongings it occured to us that the room mates I had met only moments before were now... dancing on the stage, a stage that not even VIP were permitted to get close too... I guess a 4loco will do that to an alcoholic... Regardless Selah and I bid adieu and got out of there before my adrenaline wore off and I became too exhausted to drive. Walking out the door I passed him trying to drag his incredibly inebriated philosophical friends toward the door. I can only wonder how their trip home could've gone.

Selah and I left about 1:38am, our trip was safe with only one minor turn about (I went the wrong way on Reagan and had to turn around) Its just like me to forget what direction the sun rises and my front door faces, I'm so smart. We arrived safely at home by 2:20am, covered in the sweat of roughly 500 people including my own, and this entry is about 12 double pages long. I thought I should be thorough.

He was too skinny for me anyway and alcohol smells terrible, ugh -hacks and coughs-.









No comments:

Post a Comment