Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 107 (11/12/10) Dear Haru, bed sharing Sucks.

Friday(If you dont get the reference its okay, its from a Fruba larp from years ago... Meriof "Bedsharing is not a bad thing, bedsharing is not a bad thing...")

This morning my bed was so warm I really didn't want to get up. But I did.

I did go back until ten though, when I got back up mom was making cookies, they were delicious. I ended p working on my fabric dreads. They turned out pink and thin but they were still cute! I pretty much spent all day on them I wound yarn around a piece of fleece. Mom had to pick up spencer early because he was throwing up so I went to speedway to get sprite for him. I also picked up Sophie and Selah. Mom decorated most of the cookies, I got to decorate a few. She liked them though. Which is good. About 6pm I gathered some clothes and packed some stuff up and we left for tri-counties Comfort inn (not the Marriott by fitton I thought we were staying at o_O) It was next to a Marriott though.

All the ladies had gathered in the meeting room we were among the last to show up. There was cold pizza, soda, a little gift and a note waiting for us. So we ate, chatted, rather they chatted. With some sort of weird "cover your husband" and "dont talk about your sex life" It was... weird, what sex life do I have to speak of anyway?
It was funny though that one lady ended up married to the others x-husband... huh, maybe that's what she meant.
After a trip to the bathroom, when I came back about three minutes later (I had to wait in line) They had switched everything around; the tables, instead of being arranged in a circle about the room were now pushed against the walls to create space in the center of the room, the chairs had been pushed to the center in sloppy groups of two. I was beginning to suspect conspiracy.
Ah, the point was for everyone to grab a partner and 'get to know' them through a series of stupid questions we would each have ten minutes to answer. Great, Speed dating- the friend version.
Question one, person one: When did you get saved. Well technically when I was about eight or nine dad cornered me in my room, tears were shed, Bible verses were read and thats how I got 'saved' Aren't I special.
Then we had to change seats for question two: What was your happiest moment. Well technically my happiest moment hasn't occurred yet, so I substituted it with the very first time I met you. That moment, in the art room when I was working on my creativity cap and you bumped into me with your leg. I still remember. Yep.
Question three was something along the lines of: What was one of the biggest things the Holy Spirit has done for you? I didn't really have a big answer to that, I listened to my female counterpart for that one. Finally Question Four: What do you want from God, lets pray about this. After sharing with the bran new girl next to me I confided that I'd like to have wisdom and clarity and understanding. She prayed some cutesy prayer over me and, without using big fancy words I prayed for her.
Honestly I really had no desire to share myself with any of the women here, none of them were interesting to me in the least. I felt like the most out of place social anomaly.

Time for bed, finally, for me at least, but not for anyone else of course. They would all stay up, have breakthroughs and pray and sing and stay up until four am talking about their innermost feelings. Something I had absolutely no desire, nor energy to do. I'm sorry but thats just the way I felt. I didn't feel like putting on a show, a cute smile and acting like Jesus is up my butt all the time. I'm not saying this isn't real, or that Jesus isn't a part of my life because he is, what I'm saying is I found no security in these women at all. I'd trust them maybe as far as I could throw them, and for some- that wasn't very far.

Oh, time for rant #2. So, I dont know who's idea it was to assign rooms but they can kiss my pale cheeks.
For starters I know 0 (ZERO) of these women, let alone do I trust them with my life. Nor do I want to, now I recognize the random room assignments as an excuse to get me to socialize and meet new people on a spiritual level, I get it. Why do I have to share a room with them, I dont even get to share a bed with my own mother? You put me in bed with a complete stranger!? Excuse me but WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?
Unable to confront the ringleader I retreated to my room, where I put my 'pajamas' on and dug out the 'just-in-case' mp3 player I brought with me, one thing on there- thunderstorms. Hoping to be asleep before either of my room mates arrived I plugged in, squeezed my eyes  shut and curled up fetal position.
A little note about my roommates: I'm not the judgmental type at least I do my best not to be, but from the moment I laid eyes on her I KNEW that she snored. And not the peacefully amusing sort of snoring like a small child, no, the loud, altering, ear-drum shattering, log splitting type of snoring. The expletives I did not utter floated around my brain struggling to force their way through my lips. Brief panic ensued.

Then the unthinkable happened. My Mp3 player's battery cut. Good thing I brought like five, all questionable because they were in the kitchen drawer, but thats not the point. One of these suckers was going to work whether I chewed on it or not! (Kidding about the chewing part). She was watching the news, already breathing heavily. We let her have her own bed, by the cooler because she got really hot while she slept. Apparently some Pastor had announced he was gay to his congregation... for a moment that out weighed my predicament, but that is a rant I do not feel like elaborating on. Second top story- apparently some foster kid got the shredder and her step-parents were being dicks about it. Lovely. All I wanted was sleep, precious, precious sleep. Shaking, I stuffed another, newer, battery into the little opening and snapped it shut. PRAISE GOD ALMIGHTY it worked. I crammed the little ear-buds into my already ringing ears, sure they would be sore in the morning, and I might loose hearing early in life but it was worth it.

I drifted in and out of sleep for the next hour or so. At some point the larger woman asked if I was watching tv- obviously I was in my fetal, blanket covered pose. Eventually my bed-mate came in and crawled into bed, she was courteous enough to neither hog the blankets nor make awful bear+moose sex noises. That was the conclusion I drew from the other womans abrasive snoring. A bear raping a moose, or the other way around... Some time in the morning I woke up to it. I'm fairly sure my pressed head left an indent in the bed... they might not be able to fix that, her sound seemed to be in the background of my head even while I slept it was like an echo.
I was awakened-somehow by my bed-mate shaking my feet. Alerted I nearly threw the pillow at her, but she had been reasonable so I resisted the urge and sat up rubbing my eyes, stiff because I had maintained the same exact position for perhaps two or three hours. I'll never know how much sleep I actually got.

...

Oh, I think I forgot to mention that the slaughtered girl on the news was actually a cancer survivor. I'm sure Gods taking good care of her. As for the pastor... how can his female wife and two sons be okay with that O_o...

No comments:

Post a Comment