Sunday
Today I tried to rest.
I got up after eleven, I was woken un kind of although I would have gotten up anyhow.
I must admit I've neglected to write about today until Tuesday I'm not even sure what happened I've just been out of it and the events of Saturday had me all sorts of upside-down and worn-out. I feel bad again for not really remembering what I did today (Sunday) what I can say though, is that I am blessed to be not nearly as sore as I thought I might be yesterday. After I was awake for a while I went to the car and carried in all the stuff from the con. I sorted it all out, put all the clothes in the wash, and showed mom the cool wigs I got! She seemed happy enough, and I was excited to go to church too but it seems that mom and dad have been on edge about it lately. I also finished the cool green and maroon cake today too, thoguh I had forgotten that the cake part itself was origionally green...
When we first got to church everything seemed a little off, for starters I wore the wig, everyone loved it, and of course I took a shower. Mr. Riddle was opening boxes of t-shirts when we came in, he gave me one on the grounds of, if I got it, I'd have to wear it. He said things would be a little different today, we'd have some worship then some prayer and then watch a short video followed by a discussion. Worship was okay since it was a very small group, the couches were pulled closer for everyone and Leah and John came of their own will! I was so excited about that, I was looking forward to hugging Leah.
The video was interesting, a man who tried to take care of his family but wasn't very 'giving'. I found the whole thing morally contradicting and confusing but for the most part we all shared similar overviews. Dad wasn't in agreement with Mr. Riddle, but that's okay too. Y'know, as an adult I've been making an attempt to forge an opinion of my own, that's not the combined opinion of everyone else, and its been hard. I didn't express mine immediately. Then it was time for all of us to go upstairs.
The cake tasted okay I told Mr. Riddle and Joel about the rave, and I cant believe it never ocurred to me to bring Joel along, he would've had a great time! I'm definitely bringing him next time!
Once dad and the littles went home ( me and mom took separate cars) Mom and the Riddles started talking about the future of the church, then Mrs. Riddle and Joel decided they'd rather worship while Mr. Riddle Reaganed to mom (yes its a 30Rock reference, get over it).
I ended up filling a whole page with all sorts of lines, it turned out nice, and worshiping with them was nice as well.
I gave Mr. Riddle my two cents about what I thought of the church but that was all, we all joked around a bit before going home. There will be no church next week since everyone's taking a break and the three boys will be in Duluth Minnesota for a go narrow conference.
I'll be honest I'm a little worried, I have faith in the wisdom of these guys but in a time when you cant decide what to do... Its like I keep getting flashbacks of Clovernook, I know its not going to be that way, nothing like it rather, but all the same I dont want to have to stop going. I wont stop supporting them unless they suddenly go al wrong, I hate to admit it but that would probably destroy my faith altogether.
They are good people, I dont see it happening here, but these sorts of struggles are tough on me because I dont know where to go. Basically if this tanks I'll be churchless again, so I just pray that they find the self confidence they need.
Today I tried to rest.
I got up after eleven, I was woken un kind of although I would have gotten up anyhow.
I must admit I've neglected to write about today until Tuesday I'm not even sure what happened I've just been out of it and the events of Saturday had me all sorts of upside-down and worn-out. I feel bad again for not really remembering what I did today (Sunday) what I can say though, is that I am blessed to be not nearly as sore as I thought I might be yesterday. After I was awake for a while I went to the car and carried in all the stuff from the con. I sorted it all out, put all the clothes in the wash, and showed mom the cool wigs I got! She seemed happy enough, and I was excited to go to church too but it seems that mom and dad have been on edge about it lately. I also finished the cool green and maroon cake today too, thoguh I had forgotten that the cake part itself was origionally green...
When we first got to church everything seemed a little off, for starters I wore the wig, everyone loved it, and of course I took a shower. Mr. Riddle was opening boxes of t-shirts when we came in, he gave me one on the grounds of, if I got it, I'd have to wear it. He said things would be a little different today, we'd have some worship then some prayer and then watch a short video followed by a discussion. Worship was okay since it was a very small group, the couches were pulled closer for everyone and Leah and John came of their own will! I was so excited about that, I was looking forward to hugging Leah.
The video was interesting, a man who tried to take care of his family but wasn't very 'giving'. I found the whole thing morally contradicting and confusing but for the most part we all shared similar overviews. Dad wasn't in agreement with Mr. Riddle, but that's okay too. Y'know, as an adult I've been making an attempt to forge an opinion of my own, that's not the combined opinion of everyone else, and its been hard. I didn't express mine immediately. Then it was time for all of us to go upstairs.
The cake tasted okay I told Mr. Riddle and Joel about the rave, and I cant believe it never ocurred to me to bring Joel along, he would've had a great time! I'm definitely bringing him next time!
Once dad and the littles went home ( me and mom took separate cars) Mom and the Riddles started talking about the future of the church, then Mrs. Riddle and Joel decided they'd rather worship while Mr. Riddle Reaganed to mom (yes its a 30Rock reference, get over it).
I ended up filling a whole page with all sorts of lines, it turned out nice, and worshiping with them was nice as well.
I gave Mr. Riddle my two cents about what I thought of the church but that was all, we all joked around a bit before going home. There will be no church next week since everyone's taking a break and the three boys will be in Duluth Minnesota for a go narrow conference.
I'll be honest I'm a little worried, I have faith in the wisdom of these guys but in a time when you cant decide what to do... Its like I keep getting flashbacks of Clovernook, I know its not going to be that way, nothing like it rather, but all the same I dont want to have to stop going. I wont stop supporting them unless they suddenly go al wrong, I hate to admit it but that would probably destroy my faith altogether.
They are good people, I dont see it happening here, but these sorts of struggles are tough on me because I dont know where to go. Basically if this tanks I'll be churchless again, so I just pray that they find the self confidence they need.
No comments:
Post a Comment