Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 88 (10/23/10)


Sunday

Today was an event.

I got up at 9am this morning, bathed and went to Grandma A's house. We then dressed up as clowns, literally, and I know what your thinking "Pics or it didn't happen" Well I was supposed to be on the news, but the caster lied.
Anyhow, we dressed up and painted our faces and then drove to the JCC (Jewish Comunity Center) for their first annual Chocolate Convention. I, dressed like a clown, scoured halls of chocolate (more like one big room) it was rather overwhelming... I'm pretty sure I had enough for about 10 people, and since I don't exactly love the stuff.. Just a little bit was fine but sheesh...
I got presents to share as well since it was all sample based, should have spent more time at the Graters bar.
Keeping in mind that although I was dressed for entertainment I was still a civilian to this sweet party. Around 2pm the UDF Icecream table needed help because their volunteers hadn't shown, so one of the in-charge people hunted me and grandma down (actually grandma wandered over and mentioned it to me) I had already heard it from them, they were complaining lightly about it, so the registered volunteer asked me if I'd like to help out... SURE!
What could be more ironic than a clown serving you "Seriously Chocolate" icecream? It was fun I think, and I'd just about had my fill any how. Together we scooped over 1000 sample cups of srsly coco icecream. I probably made about 300 my self. I didn't count though, we only knew because the box came with 1000 spoons, and we went through 1 and a half :)

I honestly had more fun serving icecream than I did eating it, I imagine that if I was with friends it would've been a completely different story. When we were finished there (and it was closing down) grandma took me to a very nice Korean restaurant that she planned to take mom too they just didn't have the time. I was kind of excited to try something ridiculous, so I ordered Sweet potato noodles, it was delicious, I really want to take you there now. They were so curious! Clear and thin, they looked like regular noodles but they had flavor and were clear... among the other things on the plate it was quite yum.

After that we went back to grandmas so I could scrub my face t-t I just wanted it oofffff, I got lucky somehow I managed to keep my ridiculous makeup intact until it was time to come off. She had some sort of cream you put on that helps it come off... (I was also glad that I didn't have a complete breakout as well :D)
From Grandma A's I headed to my babymamma's house to pick up none other then my good ol' friend Flipper and baby Jayden... who isn't exactly a baby anymore.
He's already FIVE! Which means its been... four years since I've seen her.I knew him when he was just a little fetus! So cute...and she's really done a good job at taking care of him, he's incredibly polite!
Brad gave the message tonight, Mom and Leia's party were a little late but thats my fault because they thought I was meeting them at home first.

Leia and I would've hung out but they said they were tired and had homework to do so instead I just took Flipper home, I had a wonderful talk with her anyhow and I hope to see both her and my little Jayden again soon. All in all my day was pretty busy but super fun... not sure I want to be a clown again though.
Grandma was pretty persistent, I know she means well but my life is my own and I'll live it how I please and thank you.
She was so excited about me dressing up with her and telling me that I should go to clown school and we could make money doing this yea no thanks... I hate wearing this much makeup, it feels worse than an emotional mask and scrubbing it off was a super pain!
Lesson learned.

Ps. I'm not indi... but Helvettica is a welcome change from Arial, please hold while I play with my settings <3

No comments:

Post a Comment