Tuesday
This morning did not start out well.
I mean it sort of did, last night I snagged someones Cd player because mine wasn't working, I burned my self a new copy of the rainy-mood sounds (they help me sleep :] ).
Its really nice because it drowns out the house sounds. (The vent beneath mom and dad's room makes the most obnoxious creaking noise every few seconds oh its SO ANNOYING)
Even the classical music definitely wasn't helping because its mostly talk these days anyway and not play nice peaceful music at night, idiots.
Anyhow, I woke up in a pretty good mood, mom did not.
You can always tell by her voice; screaming down the stairs for me to get up, rather than taking ten extra seconds to turn the light and state factually that I needed to get out of bed. I mean which do you think would've been better? Love of Fear eh?
Regardless I crawled out of bed feeling okay thouh a little chilly, I climbed upstairs. Yesterday Selah wrote a note for mom to please make her poached eggs because she's taking the PLAN test and she'd need the protein or something. Well mom obviously made some for her and Spencer... um... mom there's two more of us and dad...
I warily approached Spencer's plate and asked if it was for me because it looked quite- NO- well okay then.
Retreating to the living room to huddle under a blanket I was cold but awake. Now I shall ask, thus far have I done anything to invoke the magnitude of parental wrath I was about to receive? I dont think so...
I got up when she asked, I didn't push the breakfast situation... So since they ran out of time getting ready to go we didn't get to have our brief bible session instead we just prayed together (which is just as good if you ask me...) I sat back down on the couch for a minute to think about what I'm going to do for the day and suddenly mom approaches me and begins yelling about 'When am I going to finish cleaning the carpets!? Because the Rug Doctor(r) has to be back at Kroger by 2pm and OMFG its a 5 hour job it'll never get done because its going to take all freaking day,.' Selah who was half way out the door tried to come to my defense by interjecting with "But mom its 8am she has 6hours" but her attempt at helping was only met with a full on howl of "GO TO THE CAR NOW!!!"
I tried to intercede for myself that It certainly wouldn't be right now because I just got up but the damn thing must be BACK BY TWO FREAING PM!!!!!!!
So finally, regrettably (and the only way to get the last word and make her shut up) I yelled "
FINE. I. WILL. DO. IT.
I will do it, it will be done, JUST NOT RIGHT NOW!!!"
So where were you dad? leaning on the wall not picking a side inching your way out the door, you didn't say a word not that I'm surprised. Thanks for the hug, I'll work it out and see you when you get home. Its all good.
I can hear her now, in the kitchen clamoring around, probably not making me an apology breakfast...
I don't mean to sound bitter but I wouldn't want the mercy food anyway.
Tears still trolling my face I asked dad pretty calmly for me, who I should vote for; to be reassured that "there's a list in the living room."
I can only wonder if this predicts the rest of my day. I considered walking out for a few hours, maybe all day. If she wants it done so freaking badly she can always just do it her self. I concluded that thought with the idea of eating breakfast out and maybe going to Farbach alone to relax because spending time alone is good.
-takes a break-
Well after that whole ordeal my dad actually went surprisingly well. I took me a while to actually decide what to do... Should I just leave? Should I apologize, should I just get started and do it? Finally without a word I just got up and got dressed and left. I needed gas anyway, and I had a plan to buy a cheap non-OS mp3 player because I dont want to sync my ipod. I first stopped at wallgreens, because they used to have pretty good stuff like that, not anymore apparently, so I went to W-mart instead. Turns out W-mart doesn't have anything that isn't apple, traitors x2. I didn't plan to pay more than 20$ anyway, needless to say I was hungry on my way out. Since it was still early I had to stop at McDonalds in the store because the ones on the street weren't open yet. I sucked up and (since burgers and frys weren't an option) I got a mcmuffin and hotcakes?
I also got mom a small coffee, black. All of which was a complete over-charge.
I have to say that escaping the house is a huge freedom for me , it really helped me let off some major steam that I didn't want to take out on anyone at all. So when I actually did get home she'd already begun using the machine, I set the coffee on the table for her and didn't say much. She thanked me with a nod and some silence and said it was very kind.
Silently we took turns cleaning the carpet, I moved all the furniture while she ran it and took my turn while she cleaned her room. We were done by 1:30pm (I got home around 10:30am) and by then we were talking again too. She mentioned Joel was coming over soon so we went together and turned in the machine then went to vote.
I only made one mistake on the ballot, and that is I accidentally voted against the fire levy instead of for because I mistook it for the extreme socialism tax levy :(
I was excited to see that you voted though :D
We split up to get the littles ' and I re-assured Selah that everything was okay and we ended up getting home at the same time Joel was showing up. Its always nice to see him and hear his stories. By the end of the dad mom and I had silently forgiven each other, I was very proud of my self though, because despite my outburst I managed to remain calm and not attack twice. I got out, cleared my head, and showed Gods love/mercy as best I could. Thanks be to God. Later on that night, I even had a great conversation about where the church is going and I slept pretty well too...
This morning did not start out well.
I mean it sort of did, last night I snagged someones Cd player because mine wasn't working, I burned my self a new copy of the rainy-mood sounds (they help me sleep :] ).
Its really nice because it drowns out the house sounds. (The vent beneath mom and dad's room makes the most obnoxious creaking noise every few seconds oh its SO ANNOYING)
Even the classical music definitely wasn't helping because its mostly talk these days anyway and not play nice peaceful music at night, idiots.
Anyhow, I woke up in a pretty good mood, mom did not.
You can always tell by her voice; screaming down the stairs for me to get up, rather than taking ten extra seconds to turn the light and state factually that I needed to get out of bed. I mean which do you think would've been better? Love of Fear eh?
Regardless I crawled out of bed feeling okay thouh a little chilly, I climbed upstairs. Yesterday Selah wrote a note for mom to please make her poached eggs because she's taking the PLAN test and she'd need the protein or something. Well mom obviously made some for her and Spencer... um... mom there's two more of us and dad...
I warily approached Spencer's plate and asked if it was for me because it looked quite- NO- well okay then.
Retreating to the living room to huddle under a blanket I was cold but awake. Now I shall ask, thus far have I done anything to invoke the magnitude of parental wrath I was about to receive? I dont think so...
I got up when she asked, I didn't push the breakfast situation... So since they ran out of time getting ready to go we didn't get to have our brief bible session instead we just prayed together (which is just as good if you ask me...) I sat back down on the couch for a minute to think about what I'm going to do for the day and suddenly mom approaches me and begins yelling about 'When am I going to finish cleaning the carpets!? Because the Rug Doctor(r) has to be back at Kroger by 2pm and OMFG its a 5 hour job it'll never get done because its going to take all freaking day,.' Selah who was half way out the door tried to come to my defense by interjecting with "But mom its 8am she has 6hours" but her attempt at helping was only met with a full on howl of "GO TO THE CAR NOW!!!"
I tried to intercede for myself that It certainly wouldn't be right now because I just got up but the damn thing must be BACK BY TWO FREAING PM!!!!!!!
So finally, regrettably (and the only way to get the last word and make her shut up) I yelled "
FINE. I. WILL. DO. IT.
I will do it, it will be done, JUST NOT RIGHT NOW!!!"
So where were you dad? leaning on the wall not picking a side inching your way out the door, you didn't say a word not that I'm surprised. Thanks for the hug, I'll work it out and see you when you get home. Its all good.
I can hear her now, in the kitchen clamoring around, probably not making me an apology breakfast...
I don't mean to sound bitter but I wouldn't want the mercy food anyway.
Tears still trolling my face I asked dad pretty calmly for me, who I should vote for; to be reassured that "there's a list in the living room."
I can only wonder if this predicts the rest of my day. I considered walking out for a few hours, maybe all day. If she wants it done so freaking badly she can always just do it her self. I concluded that thought with the idea of eating breakfast out and maybe going to Farbach alone to relax because spending time alone is good.
-takes a break-
Well after that whole ordeal my dad actually went surprisingly well. I took me a while to actually decide what to do... Should I just leave? Should I apologize, should I just get started and do it? Finally without a word I just got up and got dressed and left. I needed gas anyway, and I had a plan to buy a cheap non-OS mp3 player because I dont want to sync my ipod. I first stopped at wallgreens, because they used to have pretty good stuff like that, not anymore apparently, so I went to W-mart instead. Turns out W-mart doesn't have anything that isn't apple, traitors x2. I didn't plan to pay more than 20$ anyway, needless to say I was hungry on my way out. Since it was still early I had to stop at McDonalds in the store because the ones on the street weren't open yet. I sucked up and (since burgers and frys weren't an option) I got a mcmuffin and hotcakes?
I also got mom a small coffee, black. All of which was a complete over-charge.
I have to say that escaping the house is a huge freedom for me , it really helped me let off some major steam that I didn't want to take out on anyone at all. So when I actually did get home she'd already begun using the machine, I set the coffee on the table for her and didn't say much. She thanked me with a nod and some silence and said it was very kind.
Silently we took turns cleaning the carpet, I moved all the furniture while she ran it and took my turn while she cleaned her room. We were done by 1:30pm (I got home around 10:30am) and by then we were talking again too. She mentioned Joel was coming over soon so we went together and turned in the machine then went to vote.
I only made one mistake on the ballot, and that is I accidentally voted against the fire levy instead of for because I mistook it for the extreme socialism tax levy :(
I was excited to see that you voted though :D
We split up to get the littles ' and I re-assured Selah that everything was okay and we ended up getting home at the same time Joel was showing up. Its always nice to see him and hear his stories. By the end of the dad mom and I had silently forgiven each other, I was very proud of my self though, because despite my outburst I managed to remain calm and not attack twice. I got out, cleared my head, and showed Gods love/mercy as best I could. Thanks be to God. Later on that night, I even had a great conversation about where the church is going and I slept pretty well too...
No comments:
Post a Comment