Sunday
God is so good at waking me up right on time. 9:45am sharp. He must really love me, or have somewhere for me to be...
I got up, got dressed, wigged up (apparently its a word) and Selah and I set off for New Hope church. Not 5 minutes in the door Paula corners us and asks us if we'd like to help some poor lady with cancer, two jobs, homework, and kids; move out of her apartment. She had me at cancer. So we followed the youth, that I'd never met. Did you know its illegal to drive a Foster child if you havn't had a background check? Ok, that part I can understand but said foster kid cant spend the night at my house unless I have a background check? What kind of insensitive bullshit is that? She has to get permission from the COURT and STATE to jump on my trampoline. That is some serious bull if you ask me. Sadly no-one was.
She reminded me an awful lot of a certain Canadian girl I used to know who went by the same name, was a little older and appeared similar.
The woman's house was honestly just one big disgusting mess, I'm sorry but its the truth, remember how you dont like to get dirty, and you dont like bugs?
Gnats, everywhere, and I'm not talking about last week's trash... This place needed more than just a rug doctor. Carrying the dresser down the stairs it was leaking sticky disgusting things on me which turned out to be month-old cola. -shudder- Benny's place looked like safe-haven compared to her apartment, I guess thats why she was moving out. Naturally I was appalled and helped out the best I could. Once we were finished we headed back to NH where we chatted with Paula's husband a little while before heading home. I multitasked watching netflix with eating cookies and making yarn dreads. I feel accomplished today. Its only a matter of time before my spleen explodes from cookie over dose...
God is so good at waking me up right on time. 9:45am sharp. He must really love me, or have somewhere for me to be...
I got up, got dressed, wigged up (apparently its a word) and Selah and I set off for New Hope church. Not 5 minutes in the door Paula corners us and asks us if we'd like to help some poor lady with cancer, two jobs, homework, and kids; move out of her apartment. She had me at cancer. So we followed the youth, that I'd never met. Did you know its illegal to drive a Foster child if you havn't had a background check? Ok, that part I can understand but said foster kid cant spend the night at my house unless I have a background check? What kind of insensitive bullshit is that? She has to get permission from the COURT and STATE to jump on my trampoline. That is some serious bull if you ask me. Sadly no-one was.
She reminded me an awful lot of a certain Canadian girl I used to know who went by the same name, was a little older and appeared similar.
The woman's house was honestly just one big disgusting mess, I'm sorry but its the truth, remember how you dont like to get dirty, and you dont like bugs?
Gnats, everywhere, and I'm not talking about last week's trash... This place needed more than just a rug doctor. Carrying the dresser down the stairs it was leaking sticky disgusting things on me which turned out to be month-old cola. -shudder- Benny's place looked like safe-haven compared to her apartment, I guess thats why she was moving out. Naturally I was appalled and helped out the best I could. Once we were finished we headed back to NH where we chatted with Paula's husband a little while before heading home. I multitasked watching netflix with eating cookies and making yarn dreads. I feel accomplished today. Its only a matter of time before my spleen explodes from cookie over dose...
No comments:
Post a Comment