Friday
Interestingly enough, the fact alone that today is day 10 makes me feel a little stronger. It also makes me fear the number 7. But not as much 6 because 7 ate (8) 9. Okay that was bad.
Moving on I was only up until one last night so this morning wasn't that bad. Dad woke us up, he read to us about being careful who our friends are, that they are people who will bring us up not pull us down. He also touched on the marriage thing he spoke to us about, and told us today that we shouldn't just try to draw a picture or write about it, that we should actual make time today to take care of that.
Interestingly enough, the fact alone that today is day 10 makes me feel a little stronger. It also makes me fear the number 7. But not as much 6 because 7 ate (8) 9. Okay that was bad.
Moving on I was only up until one last night so this morning wasn't that bad. Dad woke us up, he read to us about being careful who our friends are, that they are people who will bring us up not pull us down. He also touched on the marriage thing he spoke to us about, and told us today that we shouldn't just try to draw a picture or write about it, that we should actual make time today to take care of that.
Then he left.
Mom was frustrating today (pissy mood) her anticipation for tonights event put her on an edge thus making her attitude choppy. Right after dad left she basically announced "You guys cant take a morning nap (go back to bed) until after you draw up your pictures, and finish this project; I'll go make breakfast."
Needless to say I didn't go back to bed, I was a little tired and slightly grumpy but today started okay I was in a decent mood. Since no-one could find my colored pencils I ended up using water color. It turned out pretty good. Dad says's its not done yet though ( I only used half the page)
mom made us peach pancake for breakfast, and after eating I felt better.
Then work called (about 11a or so) and asked if I could come in from 1-9p (with no explanation of why) now if It'd been my Manager I'd have said no, because she's generally rude and annoying. But it was my Co-manager and he sounded pretty desperate so I offered to come in 1-5p and they accepted. So I hung out with my sib's (also restless and whiny because mom said no video games) so I taught them how to make rat-tails. (spun wet towel used to smack people).
Then it was off to work. Curious to find out why I was needed SO badly I arrived fairly hastily. Turns out- new guy quit (only his 3rd day too!) because he found a better job. Good for him, and actually so did I. Less profitable- maybe, better work environment - heak yes!
So that was a trip nothing interesting really happened, since tomorrow is my last day I might make cupcakes.
So there's this property less than a quarter mile away from us. Turns out its for sale aaand we just might move in there... its 31 acres (which means horses for my sister). Everyone's pretty excited about that too, so that was an interesting tid-bit. We're going tomorrow to look at it, and a friend from church might come too. Humorously my grandmother is the real-estate agent selling the house.
I'll be late going in to work because we're seeing the house at 2:30p but mom says "What are they going to do? Fire you?" I just laugh and think "You just don't get it."
The Bible study was good, albeit was more of a confession.
Dad began and some people from church came and one of dads friends. He spoke about respecting his wife and honoring our family. Then starting with mom (whom he lay down his life for) he washed her feet. (mom bought a basin and new towels for tonight) then my feet; and he spoke to me a bit.
I have had my 1,000 mentors and teachers, each telling me to go here and there take this class get this job go to that college, he says I'm sorry for that- now its time for me to be your father not your teacher. I will show you the right path to go down and set it for you.
I'll be late going in to work because we're seeing the house at 2:30p but mom says "What are they going to do? Fire you?" I just laugh and think "You just don't get it."
The Bible study was good, albeit was more of a confession.
Dad began and some people from church came and one of dads friends. He spoke about respecting his wife and honoring our family. Then starting with mom (whom he lay down his life for) he washed her feet. (mom bought a basin and new towels for tonight) then my feet; and he spoke to me a bit.
I have had my 1,000 mentors and teachers, each telling me to go here and there take this class get this job go to that college, he says I'm sorry for that- now its time for me to be your father not your teacher. I will show you the right path to go down and set it for you.
God I am so thankful, I have my father back I feel safer now than I have in a long time. So after washing my feet it was Spencer's turn, then Selah, then Sophie. Then he washed our guest's feet. First the missionary's, then the minister's then finally that of his friend.
After that we all conversed for a little while when dad finished his speech. When everyone went home we watched a Wallace and Grommet short, then Selah and I looked up dance sneakers (I used to have a really nice pair...) And then it was off to bed for now, dad came down a few minutes ago and we had a heart to heart about finding things in the scripture and simply awing at Jesus' power.
Those jugs they put the water in (the water Jesus turned into wine-) Those were about 25 gallons each, and there were some 6 of them. So at about 150 gallons, imagine how long it took them to fill the jugs with water. I'll be painting that for dad soon. I feel useful today like I've done something worthwhile. I'll continue to pray for a willing servants heart, that really seems to influence my day in more good ways than one.
After that we all conversed for a little while when dad finished his speech. When everyone went home we watched a Wallace and Grommet short, then Selah and I looked up dance sneakers (I used to have a really nice pair...) And then it was off to bed for now, dad came down a few minutes ago and we had a heart to heart about finding things in the scripture and simply awing at Jesus' power.
Those jugs they put the water in (the water Jesus turned into wine-) Those were about 25 gallons each, and there were some 6 of them. So at about 150 gallons, imagine how long it took them to fill the jugs with water. I'll be painting that for dad soon. I feel useful today like I've done something worthwhile. I'll continue to pray for a willing servants heart, that really seems to influence my day in more good ways than one.
Give thanks to the Lord for he is (great) good. His love endures forever.
I love you. So much. Sleep good tonight, for me at least.
I love you. So much. Sleep good tonight, for me at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment