Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 15/212 (8/11/10)

Wednesday


                  My dad is so cool. I'm writing a little bit this morning so I can share some of the neat-O stuff he said!
So its in 1st. John 3. It say's

"How great is our God, that he Lavishes his love upon us"

          Lavish. What a beautiful word. Lavish... I think of fine silk robes and feather down pillows
That's like (as dad described) Gods love getting dumped on you at a sports game, except that wet-teeshirt feeling never wears off (soaked in his love permanently- yum).
Lavish love is like when Sophie would take handfuls (toddler sized) of butter and stuff it in her mouth. God doesn't spread his love thin like on toast, he lavishes all his children with it. Or in So's case, she drowns her liver with it. (Thank goodness she doesn't do that anymore DX) 

             Then he went on to talk about how we are the children of God, and then about how the woman was taken out of man (which explains in itself how being gay is un-natural because there is no 'fe' in male) Also how we shouldn't go against the natural. He preached some about how we should get our souls inline with god. We are one Spirit with a soul, living in a temporary body. Oh bless the Lord oh my soul. 

           He went on to tel us about how our feelings lie and we have strong will. Which was  very neat, basically:
          Dad could wake us up and say how badly he needed yard work done, but we'll hesitate, pout, and moan about how we don't feel well and " nooo we don't want to"
However he could rush us out of bed saying we're going to Kings island and we have to leave in 10 minutes and we'd be jumping out of bed.

          Finally he closed with a small lecture on 'not taking things out of the natural.' for example, you cant jump off the roof because you have faith that God will let you fly. A human (flapping his arms ) flying is unnatural and it tests God. You cant plant your seeds right before harvest and expect them to grow.

          So my day progressed and mom continually wanted us to clean Spencers room for him. Which is ok,  because his room is mostly trash, toys, and legos; but it felt like we were invading his personal space a bit much with that one. I personally don;t appreciate it when people clean my room without me. (But he was asked like 10 times)

          I called Charis after that and got the info I needed. Basically each term lasts 6 weeks, start to finish. You can take as many classes as you want in that 6weeks. If you skip a term that's ok, but if you skip more than two you have to pay a 60$ re-in statement fee. So I'm pretty excited I signed up and payed for two classes :)

          At noon mom finally started instructing us in icing techniques, but I only had an hour before I had to get Leia. Before I left I learned how to make a few kinds of flowers, it was nice.
I left at a tad after one, it was hot on the way until it began to rain which was pleasant. I took her to the doctor, which is actualy right next to your old apartment, ugh... those memories. I got to shake hands with her doctor who was very friendly. I waited in their little sitting area until she was done then we headed out to drive around and look for some more vacancies.  We couldn't find the apartments we were looking for, so we went to waffle house instead, after that I took her back home. I got home about 5:30p and made it just in time to greet dad, and hug mom as she left for her class.

          I hung out after that, I was going to play guitar hero 2 when Selah said she was babysitting so I played racing games instead, and then some beautiful trash (Katamari) as Selah made fish to eat.
The kid she babysat was absolutely adorable. You may call me Ms. Charlotte now by the way... aparently thats my name (which I'm cool with).

          I noticed on face book that you had a blog... I love you, even if its not about this 7/mo thing... the fact that you have one must be God, because I prayed you would write something at least.
Oh and you spelled introduction wrong... "Inderduction?" Have you been reading engrish too? So around 9pm this super important lady comes over to discuss finances with my parents. I was chilling in the back of the living room on my laptop trying to update my blog and Selah in the living room. I was trying so hard to be quiet, but she kept sending me Engrish.com links and it almost hurt to not laugh. Laughter is addicting to me, which is good. 

           The next few days are looking busy, I've got a chiropractor appointment tomorrow (yay) and then Bible study Friday night, and after that its Family Reunion. My hair is better, I've been keeping it up and using better shampoo.  Thought about you alot today, I'm allways talking about you to Leia... sorry if you keep sneezing. I'm almost 1/2 way through one month and all the way through this book,  I miss you.

I hope you just cruse though this... me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment