Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 25/212 (8/21/10)


Saturday

I got to sleep in this morning It was nice (11am). I had some totally wacko dream though.
I had a mix of cheerios for breakfast and watched a little tv with Sophie. I spent from noon
till about 1:30p updating my blog. I would have played disgaea until it was time for me to go
but Selah and her friend were working on their Latin project in that space so I wasn't exactly
welcome. During the day my parents decided it was a good idea to leave the doors open even though it was raining, and the whole house was extremely muggy all day
I didn't exactly enjoy it but I didn't complain either. I just don't like it when everything is sticky.
Selah and her friend finally moved downstairs (they were sick of the temperature/ humidity too).

I was in the middle of a battle when Selah asked me if I would record them, they wanted to make a video
presentation. Agreeing, I followed them to the living room but the camera didn't have good batteries so we
had to put that project on hiatus while I ran to the store for some. After recording them (their so cute and energetic)
I played my game up until about 3:45pm then I left for Bug (the little guy).
When I went to get him he was just waking up, and being only 2 (almost 2) he was a little grumpy, plus I
was introducing him to completely foreign territory. He knew me but he'd never been to my house before, nor had he met
my siblings.

I'd hate to offend but Sophie really was not helping. She just doesn't get ( no matter how much I or the baby instigate) if the
baby (or object) wants to be held it will let you know. Usually when a small child reaches his or her hands up towards you it means
"Please pick me up and hold me" and if the baby doesn't want to be held it will let you know. If he doesn't want you near him you just
watch from afar. Like I had to do, at first he was upset and cried quietly for a little while. So I rocked him while watching a movie
(so I would be awake when he woke up) when he finally woke up (after a peaceful two hours) I gave him his food and he was perfectly fine after that.
That is, until he saw my mom. Bug literally did not leave her side for the rest of the night (about 2 hours), what ever she was doing he
had to be in it.  He didn't want anything to do with me he only wanted to be where my mom was. It was absolutely intriguing. It was like
love at first sight, some how he just knew that she was the mom, she was in charge. He stayed in her Shadow until his stepdad came
to get him. The minute he saw his stepdad though, (9pm) it was all over. Especially with the exclamation of "DA" and the glow in his face.

After Bug was gone for a while my neighbor Steve texted me and asked if I could hang out, reluctant and tired I asked if he
still had my Dollhouse dvd's. I spent about thirty or so minutes over there, I told him and his room mate about what we were
doing and they agreed with me which was interresting. While they did think it was a little ridiculous our thoughts were mutual
on the subject. Support can come from the strangest places sometimes. Dont worry though I'm staying alert I promise.

I love you, and I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment