Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 19/212 (8/15/10)

Sunday

          Today was good, as eased into the realm of the awake; I stayed in bed for a while before getting up.
I would have relaxed more but from the sounds coming from downstairs it seemed as though Dad had arrived, and was sending Spencer to shower. They'd been rained on pretty bad the previous night so they both needed to get washed up. I had good o'l whole grain Cheerios for breakfast :) and chocolate Cheerios for desert. I spent the rest of the morning relaxing, and part of the afternoon taking Charis' online (fool-proof) tour guide. It's not looking to difficult... I hope.

          Dad and Papaw watched some preacher guy, I think his name was Hanna. He was a little plump and he had a lot to say about the Apocalypse... Seemed humorously bogus to me, dad agreed for the most part. But his auditorium was fully loaded (had to be at least 5000 people!).
I spent a little bit of time on MLIA, read some really silly posts. I even saw your blog post, your so adorable. I really hope you get in to writing those stories you've been thinking about because I really want to read them. Really.

          I took a brief nap while I waited for Nanny to make lunch before heading home. I texted Leia to see if she wanted me to get her before or after I went home and showered. She said she didn't mind waiting so I grabbed her on my way home. I could not wait to take that shower. Mom was home when we got there, but Selah was at the mall. So after Leia and I had a snack of nachos and tea(and I took a deserved shower) we headed to the mall. I also introduced Leia to "something awful" more specifically "Lauren's Story".

          When we got to the mall we visited Josh in 'spencers' I got a wallet, its cute but its not my favorite. Finally we tracked down Selah and left, we stopped at Michales so I could grab a drawing pad , so I could attempt prophetic drawing. While I was in the store I attempted to give advice to an art mom and her aspiring son. Poor kid looked like he really wanted to make his own decisions.  I don't know if my advice was any good to them but I tried at least. I also got some little eraser thingy s to share.
After that we went to try and get one of Selah's friends but she was having a family dinner so after that we just headed right to church. Stopped for gas on the way.

          Church was fantastic yet again, (like it ever wont be!) Joel spoke about just dying to your stuff, if God came to you like Job would you really be able to just give it all up. Decide. Could you do it!
I did some praying, and I went through everything that's truly important to me. Hot showers, Internet, flushing toilets, air conditioning, my car. I wouldn't like it, who would this day and age. However I really believe that if that was Gods desire for me, I would just give it all up, and never look back. If  God decided I didn't need any of my talents, like an ear for music or being handy with a pen, I'd miss them... but its His way.

          At the end there was a prayer session. It was beautiful. I didn't go up this time but someone else did, and thanks to them it opened a door for Leia to go through. On her own she rose up and was prayed over, and the only emotion I experienced was joy (and then a little repentance, along with my above statement confirming that I don't need all the things I have).  Then Dad called out for me and let me know it was totally cool if Leia wanted to spend the night, so I went up and helped pray for her, then I held onto Selah while she was prayed for.

              Now I've been trying to figure out this whole speaking in tongues thing. To be quite frank it freaks me out, its always made me just slightly uncomfortable. I've been coming to terms with that, I was okay with it to the point where I didn't wince when people started babbling on. But often the syllables and just the 'texture' of what comes out of the mouth seems harsh to me, I don't know why. The other day Dad explained that speaking in tongues allows for the Bible inside you to come forward or something. Well, wanting to experience that and be able to use it I tried.
Quietly, to my self, like a secret I tried. I feel like a little kid that doesn't know the language, the only thing I can manage to say is just "Da" so on I go.
"Dadadadadadadadad -breath- dadadadadadadadadad -another breath- dadadada" so now besides rejoicing when I'm bored... I've started doing this. Its weird, I'll be honest it fees strange doing it, I feel like a little kid, but it feels positive. And the ironic part is every time I've started getting into it, my physical father contacts me in some way. Its a little weird, but neat none the less.

          When everything had been said and done, we packed up and went back upstairs for a bit. Everyone talked for a while which was fun. I got to share the songs I had written with Mr. Riddle, and he was excited for me, after wards me, Joel, Leia, and David? went to Ihop

          I love Leia too, I'm so ecstatic for her, literal words can not describe how joyful my heart is. She loves God now and after all she's experienced, I cant tell you how it makes me feel. Bless the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment