Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 12/212 (8/8/10) Pt. 1

Sunday

I wonder if this has something to do with God (I like numbers but I hate math) but every numerically significant day (day 3, day 10 etc.) has had something significantly awesome happen.

Today was EPIC God day.

        So it began with me crawling out of bed.

   "Ugh I dont need to go visit Clovernook today... (oh but I did) I can just sleep for a few more hours."
    So I rolled out of bed, showered and shipped out the door. (sorry I think that was supposed to be stepped, but I have it in my diary as shipped o_O)

          I got there at 10 (woke up at 9) which was in-between services and early. So as I wander the halls on my way to the old High school classroom I only begin to realize how empty this place is. like.. seriously empty. On one hand nothing had changed, on the other hand the lights were on but nobody was home. So I walked into an empty high school room, a few kids wandered in and out here and there, then an old regular or two. Then they began to slowly trickle in (as first service let out). In total there were about 20 people, with only... one... teacher.
David showed up and was like "Hey what are you doing here!" and I lolled because he's allways at church no matter where I go. I'd invite him to FCF but he works nights : (

          So the teacher lady finally came in and we spent an absolutely un-necessarily ridiculous amount of time (a whole hour when we could be praising God) taking attendance, and prayer requests. Granted, that's the way its always been but, we didn't actually get to prayer requests (which are more important then attendance) untill 30 minutes after that! She was asking about who was going into college and what college and what for etc, which is nice but... goodness.
So for Prayer every one had their regular "Grandma is sick" "Friend is leaving" 
"Family member died" requests, which is find dont get me wrong I'm not dissing anyone's life, but I thought we were past this you know what I mean?
And then the teacher lady had a request.
"My brother has cancer... bad. He's so delusional and hatefull that he'll throw stuff at the nurses that come in for blood tests. My mom and my sister went to stay with him... and now its my turn.
Thats when I knew why I was there, so I began to ask God for her word, what was I supposed to say to her.

          Finally the message starts and... not to dis but it was bad. She began with some business about your conscience and how if its bad to wear red on Sunday's and you wear red on a Sunday how does your conscience feel. Then she went on a tangent (pictures included) about how bikini's are bad morals and look at how bathing suits were in the forties. It was a face-palm for me.
David and I were looking at each other like.... is she serious?
He kept saying "Can you feel God here? oh yea he's sooo totally in this room"
I got to make one comment at the beginning when she was asking what a conscience was; I briefly mentioned that we are spirit and soul, the spirit longing for a relation ship with God, while the soul -who has taisted the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, must make decisions based on right and wrong. They applauded me...  That;s when I knew I was on the right track.

          So this nonsense dragged on until almost noon (which is when church lets out) but for what ever reason they got out early. I helped tidy up and when she was leaving I ran ahead to be next to her and try and give her my word.
"I just have this word for you and I wanted to share it with you, I just feel like God wants you to know that you dont have to worry about your brother, his life is his own, your not responsible for him in that way. You need to take your proverbial hands off the steering wheel and let God take over so he can guide you."
Sadly, my words were not received; that was when I understood what mom had been telling me about how absolutely dry that place was. Clovernook was a hollow shell of what it could've been. It was all about looks and show, not about really finding God. It made me sad, I almost cried.

So I just walked away.


          So back home, mom had actually though I was asleep all morning (my room is also her sewing room)
So I hung out for a bit with dad, and we picked the ripe grapes off his grape plant he'd grown. (which is cool) and we had a nice lunch. Dad had some really cool stuff to tell us while we were eating, basically:

          When you are bored (or sitting around doing not much of anything- try Rejoice in the Lord Always and again I say Rejoice. And when your worried about something or really anticipating something you: Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say Rejoice!
Then he gave us a well spoken "When you go out, put on the armor of God" sort of message. (Ecclesiastes). All in all it was a very nice discussion and we all enjoyed it.


          I love you so much, please remember to put on your armor, and when your Lonely all you have to do is rejoice! And God will come and rejoice with you.

My day didn't end here... theres much more.







No comments:

Post a Comment