Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 24/212 (8/20/10)

Friday

Today is a Friday, today is also a 20th. Somehow I've been getting the date wrong these past few days though. I think I've been mixing up the day ## with the date ##'s \@_@/ 

               This morning Dad went into some details about magnifying God. When God came to Mary even though the angel was like "do not be afraid" Mary was still spooked. But rather than freaking out about it she made God bigger than her qualms of childbirth. And how did she do this? Through thanks giving. Because she gave thanks to the Lord and praised him, her problems shrunk and diminished and instead God became bigger and everything turned out fine!

             Mom asked us to stay up today (like she does almost every morning) and after a little rebuking of the soul I was okay. Sophie and Spencer were instructed to fill the dishwasher in turns and read their Bibles when it wasn't their turn. I admit I got all fuzzy and read some Song of Solomon (if you don't know that's like 'the' romantic book in the Bible, those are like the most intense flirtatious comments you can give. After that I read a little in Habakkuk and finally a few proverbs in the 18-19 section of Proverbs. I read aloud to Spencer a bit about God calling the Israelite's enemies "You stupid cows" which we had a good laugh about.

              After that I finished the dishes for Sophie and played a little guitar. My fingers really hurt but my callous should be coming in soon. I cleaned up my art project which was taking up half the floor in the family room, and got out some crayons to attempt to start that project. The first attempt I accidentally left in the rain 9_9.

                I have only one fear now that summer is ending, and that is Fall time. August is my absolute favorite season (If you didn't already know. ) and its fully loaded with playful memories from my childhood. a place I can never return too. However these thoughts serve as a major distraction as my mind takes me to the movies, literally, every time I look out the window. Every chill September day every falling November leaf and every exciting October, even the brisk (some how still warm) December mornings. Its like I cant get enough.

                     So tonight being the actual 20th (despite my like 5 mix ups) a Friday AND a Bible study night I'm excited to see what God is going to do next! After I took a shower My old co-worker called and asked me to watch her son. Turns out she's getting back with her abusive x-boyfriend (even though EVERYONE TOLD HER NOT TO!) I approached the situation delicately and asked her some important questions like: "You do realize this is the man who physically injured you, and your okay with getting back with him even though he is vulgar and verbally violent" "What about your current boyfriend, he is absolutely nice to you and would kiss your ass all day long if you let him"
Her response. "But I'm still in love with him, and he's just too nice."

                  Some people are just dumb. She's spoken stupidity over herself enough times I imagine its finally taking hold. All I can do now is pray for her, and occasionally watch her son.
While listening to her inane ramblings I put an add on FB for the Bible study, after that Mom and Sophie had a fun time going out together; meanwhile I made me and Spencer a tasty lunch of cheese and crackers and little sausage burgers. He and I played Mario DDR together (because I'm like the only person in the world that didn't turn in mine for the recall) for about an hour. Then I read my Bible utill it was time to get Selah (3:00pm) On the way to get her I picked up some cookies from NCH bakery (yum)  and after I got her we stopped at Speedway for Ice's and to give my x co-worker a hug.

                  When we were home I did some FB updating and then I rested for a while and read some of BHB's "My new Status". I slept really hard and was probably asleep for a grand total of one hour. I woke up about the time dad got home, 5:45pm. Dad brought home from work this huge dish (like 2inch deep catering tray) of lasagna and chicken and stuff I wish I had some pumpkin pie! While eating I read some more "My new status" and rested. Dad came in and asked me about my 'modified' version of Joy to the World. He asked if I'd play it for him and I agreed to once I was more awake, then Mom came in and asked me to run to the grocery to grab chips for tonight, I agreed to go when I finished the chapter I was on. 

              Since a little before Dad got home my siblings had gone with a friend to the pool, they had returned a few minutes before I left and I ended up seeing their invitor at the grocery. When I arrived home an old friend from CBA (my Jr. High) called and asked for directions which was exciting. When I was playing for Dad he texted me and let me know he was about 15 minutes away. Playing music for people (with the exception of shows) on my own time and sharing things I've created (again with the exception of shows) I really difficult for me, I don't know why but I get really embarrassed, not in a bad way like I've done something silly but for some reason this has always been an issue for me. I've been working on it alot lately and its been getting better I feel like if I can share something like art with my parents I can share it with anyone. Its like my own special nervous, sounds weird for how outgoing I am doesn't it?

              So right from the start as I'm playing my songs for Dad Selah chimes in and we start having our own little worship and it was fun, Dad called the rest of the family in (and because it was about 7) we started worship for the study. Right from the start we were worshiping together then Dad had me play my song which made me warm and fuzzy inside. And then dad began, he went deeper into the whole Magnify God talk. My friend Josh T. Showed up in the midst of the message and dad re-capped for him. We finished up a little after 8and we sang my song again which I'm warming up to I was less nervous,(I guess the more people that hear me the less nervous I get...hrm)

                Dad and Josh T. had a good time discussing IT stuff because thats Josh T.'s field and we had a good laugh about the people we knew from CBA we chatted over my year books (all 3 of them) and snacked on chips. I think he might come back next week which is cool. I drove him home after that because he was dropped off and and ride never showed back up. Even though I'd already heard most of the message and Josh T. showed up 1/2 way through we still had a really great time! Bless the Lord, I'm so thankful for all he does for me.

                Just to go into the magnification of God a little more. So many times we start to let God fall into the background of our lives when he NEEDS to be in the foreground. Its just so important, there's this really tough verse in (I think its mark too) Luke where he say's "We need to love God so much, its like we hate everything else" Basically what he means is that our love for God needs to be so great, that in comparison everything else seems insignificant, I love and cherish my parents and family and friends, but my love for God must be greater. So how can we show him, besides diminishing and making less important the things in our lives, how can we really magnify him like Mary did? By giving thanks, by just thanking God for all the things he's done for you. For example, my fender wrecker a year or so ago- I could have been really injured but God helped me veer my car to the right just in time and minimal damage was done.

So yea. Gods just doing some really great things with my life, and I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment