Friday
Dad woke me up today, he's a little loud sometimes but what can I say; a joyful heart for the Lord is a joyful heart for the Lord. I like it better this way.
Dad woke me up today, he's a little loud sometimes but what can I say; a joyful heart for the Lord is a joyful heart for the Lord. I like it better this way.
I had to drag to get out of bed though, my abs were a little sore because I played around on Mom's exercise ball and tried to do sit ups. I plodded to the living room where Spencer was informed me that I couldn't go back to bed and just sleep anymore (which was confirmed by Mom when Dad left... sometimes I wonder if she waits for him to leave >_>) The message was nice though, Dad was awoken by God about 5am so he spent the morning praying. He read to us from 1 John 5 or so, and it was beautiful because Dad had written another Bible story in his words. (Even cooler is that yesterday Dad and I discussed Selah's creative potential at writing stories -even better- like Dad does. She can write emotionally God-driven scripts too!)
The story was from the prospective of the cripple on the side of the pools and how Jesus simply came to him and said get up and walk. It was beautiful.
Then Mom talked about whats going on today, I'm having to rebuke my soul over this icing stuff. I feel as though I'm really dragging my feet. My morning contained Facebook, ScottPilgrim book 2, after that I got the chalk bored and the bucket of chalk thats been rotting in my room for like a year; and made a sort of "speak this today" prayer chart. I also did the dishes and tidied up (Instructing jently the littles to help) while Mom hemmed her pants? When Mom came upstairs she -in an generally unfriendly tone- instructed us to get stuff done. So this morning my family seemed like a pot of ingredients that wouldn't mix together. It was... difficult.
I holed myself in the basement when Selah hunted me down and asked if I'd play guitar for her while she harped. I agreed, sounded like fun. It sounded easy, like something I could do I was thankful for my soul's compliance. I put aside face book and went to play. Selah is incredibly rich in her ability to speak music and understand it (when she wants to). Finally Mom was getting ready to go so we wrapped up the music thing and I played some Disgaea (Dood!) until everyone was finally prepared. We went to target first of all, me and Selah split off from the group and wandered the clothing isles. We tried on a few cute things before returning to Mom. They got a ton of school supplies, I bought for my self 6 boxes of 24 crayons (3$) and 2 packets of sharpies (4$) and a twix bar (64c). The crayons I will melt into artwork (seems like a good idea now.... )
When we got home, Dad was resting so we brought everything in, I had to move Dad's car so Mom could back up to the front door. (When I said she bought a lot of school supplies I meant a lot.). Yes we park in our yard like hillbilly's but we have like 4 cars like rich people. I stayed home and played 'divide the school supplies' with Sophie and Spencer while Mom and Selah went to Aldis. I started the crayon project but it was kind of in the way so I moved it outside.
So far in my diary I've written about the 1st half of my day, because right now its only 3pm and I still have alot of day left.
So now its been a few hours. We played our music for Dad (the music Selah composed :) ) he said he liked it. Mom prepared the food, I think it might be time for another 'letter for Mom' her 'excitement' about the Bible studies is getting a little out of hand (obnoxious). I realize she's happy but she doesn't act like it there fore if Mom's not acting happy no body will be happy. If you get my waft. So I played some more Disgaea until Spencer decided he had to play Wii so Dad suggested I relax and pray and spend some time with God before the meet. I went downstairs and face booked a little and then I read some of my Bible and after that I napped.
Event hough no one showed up for the meeting except my family it was still good. First we sang "Breathe" then Dad spoke, then we worshiped some more. Then Dad read, and then he talked! His message hit several different points, but it flowed and had substance unlike that of Clovernook's message.
He talked about how we are Gods Children (because we TOTALLY are!) and then just how much He loves us. Also we all have our own God-assigned personal angels. If you pray and ask God over time he may even tell you the name of your angel. We even meet with/ hang out with and befriend angels without knowing it!
He touched on how God listens to us and he gives us the desires of our hearts, He even puts desires in our hearts. An example of this would be, my Dad's desire to make his baseball team better: God granted this desire but when Dad built the batting cage in our back yard he began to develop a desire for more land. The thought of 'I wish I had more land' was put in his heart by God, and this thought has lead to us potentially buying a farm several blocks away.
Just after our worship ended Sophie and I got ready and headed for Papaw and Nannies. I wanted to stop at Michels crafts to get an extra notepad to draw on at family reunion but they were closed by the time we got there : ( . On the way Sophie put in Wow 2007-2008 and we sang along which cheered up our journey. I had one scare when my car decided it didn't want to exceed 70 mph even if I floored it.
Now my speedometer goes to 130mph. Flooring it I was only going 70, and with someone absolutely up my butt on the highway I needed to switch lanes. Finally able to get out of that lane I slowed down to a (dragging) 50mph. I sort of let my car rest there a little bit before easing into another 70, after that it worked fine. About then we prayed for Gods help, and that he'd watch over us on our journey and remembering that he'd send our angels if we asked, I asked that he'd send them to ride in the back seat and sing with us so we wouldn't be alone. I'm pretty sure he did, I didn't feel a presence or anything after that but I didn't feel alone. He brought us safely to P+N's.
We called Dad to let him know we made it safely after that. When I went up to say hi and goodnight to Papaw he jokingly interrogated me about Charis Bible College and what classes I was taking.
Right before bed I made Sophie repeat a prayer after me (she's allways in an iffy mood and I want her to pray over herself because she's a bit of a queen, but she's stubborn and wont do it) about her being humbled, about her alergies leaving and about giving her energy. Someday she'll get in the practice.
You know you have an angel of your own, watching over you. Sharing your joys, I really believe this I've allways sort of -in the back of my mind- felt like someone was watching over me.
Thank you God for keeping my Scott safe!
He touched on how God listens to us and he gives us the desires of our hearts, He even puts desires in our hearts. An example of this would be, my Dad's desire to make his baseball team better: God granted this desire but when Dad built the batting cage in our back yard he began to develop a desire for more land. The thought of 'I wish I had more land' was put in his heart by God, and this thought has lead to us potentially buying a farm several blocks away.
Just after our worship ended Sophie and I got ready and headed for Papaw and Nannies. I wanted to stop at Michels crafts to get an extra notepad to draw on at family reunion but they were closed by the time we got there : ( . On the way Sophie put in Wow 2007-2008 and we sang along which cheered up our journey. I had one scare when my car decided it didn't want to exceed 70 mph even if I floored it.
Now my speedometer goes to 130mph. Flooring it I was only going 70, and with someone absolutely up my butt on the highway I needed to switch lanes. Finally able to get out of that lane I slowed down to a (dragging) 50mph. I sort of let my car rest there a little bit before easing into another 70, after that it worked fine. About then we prayed for Gods help, and that he'd watch over us on our journey and remembering that he'd send our angels if we asked, I asked that he'd send them to ride in the back seat and sing with us so we wouldn't be alone. I'm pretty sure he did, I didn't feel a presence or anything after that but I didn't feel alone. He brought us safely to P+N's.
We called Dad to let him know we made it safely after that. When I went up to say hi and goodnight to Papaw he jokingly interrogated me about Charis Bible College and what classes I was taking.
Right before bed I made Sophie repeat a prayer after me (she's allways in an iffy mood and I want her to pray over herself because she's a bit of a queen, but she's stubborn and wont do it) about her being humbled, about her alergies leaving and about giving her energy. Someday she'll get in the practice.
You know you have an angel of your own, watching over you. Sharing your joys, I really believe this I've allways sort of -in the back of my mind- felt like someone was watching over me.
Thank you God for keeping my Scott safe!
No comments:
Post a Comment