Thursday
Today both nothing happened and everything happened. It was as though my future both ended and began today. And I admit to sadness, but dragging my heart along I resolved to praise God.
I don't know who woke me up this morning, but I shared me having read the beatitudes (Matthew)
Today both nothing happened and everything happened. It was as though my future both ended and began today. And I admit to sadness, but dragging my heart along I resolved to praise God.
I don't know who woke me up this morning, but I shared me having read the beatitudes (Matthew)
As I was getting up Dad stopped me before he left and gave me the best hug he's given me yet. and told me again just how much he loves and cares for me. I love my dad too. I was blessed by my Dad and after comparing his love for me to the love of Christ (which its of course incomparable) I truly felt good.
Mom wanted me to get some exercise (and if racing heart beat counts I certainly accomplished that)
so I emailed my Aunt (who does a lot of high endurance activities. ) and we ended up going out to lunch rather than exercising but it was still a nice time. After reading most of chapter 1 in Mr. Riddles book I took a shower and headed up to ihop (house of pancakes) in my working car, to see my aunt. I had some sort of fruity pancake thing with eggs which I ate un-nervously. I also explained my situation with you to her.
Mom wanted me to get some exercise (and if racing heart beat counts I certainly accomplished that)
so I emailed my Aunt (who does a lot of high endurance activities. ) and we ended up going out to lunch rather than exercising but it was still a nice time. After reading most of chapter 1 in Mr. Riddles book I took a shower and headed up to ihop (house of pancakes) in my working car, to see my aunt. I had some sort of fruity pancake thing with eggs which I ate un-nervously. I also explained my situation with you to her.
thinking that maybe because she is an adult she might get it or at least have a different reaction. Oops. Well the only thing she really questioned me on that I didn't have an answer for was how I trusted my dad that this was the right thing to do. She burned me a little by saying it was all just a ploy to separate us and then she salted it by saying if we made it through then it was meant to be.Now I get why mom doesn't spend much time with her sisters. Decidedly I wasn't angry or anything just a little perplexed. I went with her to the pet store so she could get special dog food for pugslie (the pug) and then by noon I went to wal-mart to get wax paper for mom. She'd have come home with me but she had to be at work by 1:30p.
Here's where it gets weird: I'm driving home, and as I'm driving through a busy intersection (very busy, as in the light is yellow and traffic is nutters) my car stops dead. I'm in the middle of one of the most dangerous intersections in Cincinnati and my car is off and flashing at me that its having an issue. My gas pedal wont work and I'm still in gear. Thank God that my brakes still worked and that He protected me through that. As I crawled through the left turn and completed my turn I turned my car off and back on and thankfully made it home safely. Whiew!
It turns out that mom had come home after I left and then left again because she thought me and her sister would still be hanging out. After playing the doctor game alone until about 2pm I settled on the couch and ended up watching some old X-men cartoons. (My favorite marvel heroes btw.)
Mom returned with the little people at about 3:30pm and I rested with her and exchanged blessings. At 4:15pm it was time to get Selah and go to the chiropractor, and my car worked fine up until we got home. Dad came home around 6:30pm and asked me to take Sophie to the library. I reluctantly agreed but as we got out to my car I realized that it wouldn't start. Not even turn over, not even try. I wasn't devastated but I was a little upset. Dad let me take his car instead, while I waited on Sophie I finished off the Fruits Basket series so I wouldn't have that looming over my head. It actually gets really twisted up, I'm glad they ended the first season where they did @_@.
*Spoiler* Kyo and Toru end up together and Akito is actually a girl. Huh. Weird.Anyway. When we got back dad tried to help me start my car but turns out its not the battery. We know this because we even tried using the battery charger and giving my car a jump.
I feel bad for moping, but I did for the rest of the evening. Then! I made a re-discovery.
I feel bad for moping, but I did for the rest of the evening. Then! I made a re-discovery.
Ok this is a hard one... I have to admit something I'm not too particularly proud of (especially at this point) I was a neopets fan. Phiew okay I said it. Ugh... that name seems so terrible now it used to be kind of cool. Anyhow... I read their little online newspaper with the comics and the stories (religiously) every Sunday and I liked it. There was one story that was incredibly well written too and I think you'd like it. It was called "The Zafara Assassin" written by 'meratocat' and I once e-mailed her to tell her how much I enjoyed her stories! The archive (if your interested) can be found here: "The Zafara Assassin and other cute tales" This was, of course before Neopets became a marketing scam and sold them selves to Nickelodeon. Boo.
No comments:
Post a Comment