Sunday
Goodness today was long, so much happened!
Goodness today was long, so much happened!
About 7:30am mom woke me up, we had to leave by 8:30am, so I got dressed (jeans and the rooster teeth t-shirt) and scarfed some food. I was still super tired especially from yesterday but I couldn't sleep in the car. We got there exactly on time and got ok seats too. It wasn't really what I had expected; I thought it was going to be more like a convention like origins, but instead everyone sat in the conference room and watched some people make some stuff. The first one was some lady who made poppies out of gum paste. They were really amazing but her voice was annoying and I was still pretty sleepy. Then there was another lady who seemed to be more in charge and knew what she was doing. She made little fondant animals (super easy) and after she was done she had a "club meeting" complete with abjuring and everyone saying "aye".
After that it was lunch time. Everyone wandered down the hall into the pavilion (an outside building that they dont have to pay zoning and taxes on because its not permanent). All the tables were equipped with a cup of tea an empty coffee cup, a small salad, and a slice of cheese cake. Also a cute centerpiece and little dishrags in cups shaped like cupcakes. Cute. I ate the salad and conversed with the ladies at the tables next to me. I thought that the salad was it, along with the cheese cake; turns out I was wrong. After maybe 20 minutes the servers brought out a kind of weird looking meat some veggies and rice. Honestly, it was gross. The chicken was super dry, ick, about the only good part was the rice it was well cooked. Thankfully one of the ladies at my table had a really good idea, she put ranch dressing all over her chicken, and that really helped.
When we were done eating there was a table-wide contest where who ever grabbed the blue cupcake wrapper table cloth won the centerpiece. I'll have to get a picture of the cupcake cloth because we were aloud to take them home. It was really cute. When we got back to the conference room the next demo was by a lady that molded sugar. She was long, and boring and I didn't really care; But I did learn that you mold sugar with water and sugar and it can last years without going bad. After her was a guy from TLC (he was like the only guy there too) and he had some really neat stuff to show off. He put patterns on fondant with old vinal fabric and how to hide fondant seams. Finally there were two ladies that gave examples of how to stack a multy tiered cake. Mom and I left immediately after that. While we were there a lady gave me a can of apple butter, I intend to give it to Ty.
We left immediately after all that, it was about 4:20pm. At the Gilmore exit, because we were hungry, we drove around looking for a Chipolte but we couldn't find it so we had Subway instead which was good because I wasn't really feeling a burrito. Again I couldn't sleep on the way home, and I was tired so I ended up just doodling on my folder. I drew myself as I saw me in the rear view mirror. I also had clipped a piece of paper to my head because the sun was in my eyes.
When we got to Colerain, they were already 1/2 way through their review meeting. "Raise one finger if you need materials like a Bible ect., raise three fingers if you need specialized help for a possible suicide or cutter ect., and five fingers if you have too many kids. Earlier in the month I'd told Mr. Riddle that there was no way it'd be one or two kids at a time like the instructor said it would, no, they would bull rush and it'd be hundreds of kids at once not just two or three. I was right. As soon as he started coaxing people up for the alter call, everyone came out of the stands all at once. Ready for the show I grabbed a seat up close to the front. Mr. Riddle asked me how I was doing, because I was sitting alone to which I calmly replied "I'm never alone!"
There was alot of breaking things, some rap, and some lifting. Spencer was even chosen as a volunteer to be spun around like he was on a helicopter.
Then Bubba, the biggest guy, came out and shared his testimony along with his beautiful wife. Both of their stories were incredible and really helped equip me for ministering to some of the girls. Then there was more breaking things, and some prayer, then finally anyone who wants in on some Jesus- come on down!
There were a few kids that goofed around a bit, but I didn't really know where to go from there. I was trying to be confident but when I looked around I just didn't have any words to say. Every time the guy w/ the mike asked for someone to come help or similar I never made it in time. Finally I crawled through the crowd to my parents, mom first. She had about four girls around her and they all seemed pretty sweet. I passed out pens and a Bible, and some forms to fill out. I was given a few words about how God is our friend not just our father, then I moved on to dad. He had two girls and I got to tell them about how we're like solders coming home from the war to him. We come in the door and God say's "There you are! I'm so glad your here I've missed you so much!" Every time I tell someone that I almost start crying, which is good because that means God is real to me.
I met a girl who was waiting for a ride that wouldn't come so I let her use my phone to call and text. We talked for a little bit before her ride finally came. We spent until midnight cleaning the whole gym. We took apart the entire stage, and packed up all the equipment, the strong guys left about 1/3 the way through. We dismantled their stage and loaded it up into a big moving truck. It was pretty neat, even though I was exhausted and sleepy I pretty much exhausted my adrenaline supply. There was a guy that seemed super familiar and he seemed to know me but I couldn't think of where I knew him from. Weird. Will and Joel came back to help too it was that fun kind of work that everyone does together.
When we were done eating there was a table-wide contest where who ever grabbed the blue cupcake wrapper table cloth won the centerpiece. I'll have to get a picture of the cupcake cloth because we were aloud to take them home. It was really cute. When we got back to the conference room the next demo was by a lady that molded sugar. She was long, and boring and I didn't really care; But I did learn that you mold sugar with water and sugar and it can last years without going bad. After her was a guy from TLC (he was like the only guy there too) and he had some really neat stuff to show off. He put patterns on fondant with old vinal fabric and how to hide fondant seams. Finally there were two ladies that gave examples of how to stack a multy tiered cake. Mom and I left immediately after that. While we were there a lady gave me a can of apple butter, I intend to give it to Ty.
We left immediately after all that, it was about 4:20pm. At the Gilmore exit, because we were hungry, we drove around looking for a Chipolte but we couldn't find it so we had Subway instead which was good because I wasn't really feeling a burrito. Again I couldn't sleep on the way home, and I was tired so I ended up just doodling on my folder. I drew myself as I saw me in the rear view mirror. I also had clipped a piece of paper to my head because the sun was in my eyes.
When we got to Colerain, they were already 1/2 way through their review meeting. "Raise one finger if you need materials like a Bible ect., raise three fingers if you need specialized help for a possible suicide or cutter ect., and five fingers if you have too many kids. Earlier in the month I'd told Mr. Riddle that there was no way it'd be one or two kids at a time like the instructor said it would, no, they would bull rush and it'd be hundreds of kids at once not just two or three. I was right. As soon as he started coaxing people up for the alter call, everyone came out of the stands all at once. Ready for the show I grabbed a seat up close to the front. Mr. Riddle asked me how I was doing, because I was sitting alone to which I calmly replied "I'm never alone!"
There was alot of breaking things, some rap, and some lifting. Spencer was even chosen as a volunteer to be spun around like he was on a helicopter.
Then Bubba, the biggest guy, came out and shared his testimony along with his beautiful wife. Both of their stories were incredible and really helped equip me for ministering to some of the girls. Then there was more breaking things, and some prayer, then finally anyone who wants in on some Jesus- come on down!
There were a few kids that goofed around a bit, but I didn't really know where to go from there. I was trying to be confident but when I looked around I just didn't have any words to say. Every time the guy w/ the mike asked for someone to come help or similar I never made it in time. Finally I crawled through the crowd to my parents, mom first. She had about four girls around her and they all seemed pretty sweet. I passed out pens and a Bible, and some forms to fill out. I was given a few words about how God is our friend not just our father, then I moved on to dad. He had two girls and I got to tell them about how we're like solders coming home from the war to him. We come in the door and God say's "There you are! I'm so glad your here I've missed you so much!" Every time I tell someone that I almost start crying, which is good because that means God is real to me.
I met a girl who was waiting for a ride that wouldn't come so I let her use my phone to call and text. We talked for a little bit before her ride finally came. We spent until midnight cleaning the whole gym. We took apart the entire stage, and packed up all the equipment, the strong guys left about 1/3 the way through. We dismantled their stage and loaded it up into a big moving truck. It was pretty neat, even though I was exhausted and sleepy I pretty much exhausted my adrenaline supply. There was a guy that seemed super familiar and he seemed to know me but I couldn't think of where I knew him from. Weird. Will and Joel came back to help too it was that fun kind of work that everyone does together.
No comments:
Post a Comment