Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 52/212 (9/17/10)


Friday

Today was incredible it began in a slight rush even though I got up at 7am. We had our study and dad wasn't there at first, he had gone to the luncheon at colerain hs at 6am. It was neat to hear him talk about it, apparently he had a really good time. Mom started the message and dad  finished it when he got home. After some waking up and an english muffin mom took me to W-Mart for some groceries and a zipper. (because the one I got wasn't good enough it was white with a black and white dress). By the time we got back it was 8:30am; we spent an hour fixing the dress and it came out adorable in the end. I had to rush a shower though and I was late to the visitation which started at 10 but I wasn't late for the message so it was okay. 

I didn't mingle like I usually did, I hunted down Josh and gave him a hug, it turns out I was right on time. He was really happy I came to support him, he introduced me to a friend of his a Ryan Finke. We kept each other company through out the service, though neither of us really knew Josh's grandpa. The service it self was beautiful, when Josh came up to speak he did an excellent job, it drew me to tears as well. Then it was time to visit the graveside. This was my first time at a graveside service, my first military funeral also, Ryan rode with me since he didn't have a ride. We talked a lot about church and what we see in the church and both of us have our own little house churches, that was fun to discuss.  We laughed about the Auto-tune the news and Wkuk stuff especially the rapist video, that one was pretty funny.

Dont worry, I', pretty sure I know whats going through your head right now, who is this stranger! But its not like he's you, who knows all my interests, you who I've invested years into. I have no reason to throw that away for some guy I'll see rarely if that. Anyway, after what felt like a year of driving we finally drove through price hill and (a not so nice side of town) and came out in to some pretty nice cemetery. His grandfather was really honored too, he even got a real bugle and the 21 gun salute. It was a beautiful send off. The respect they showed for him really made him seem like a truly respectable man. I didn't realize what time it was until we got back and were ready to eat. I had glanced at my phone to check the time and it was already 2pm!

I was expecting Owen to be dropped off at my house by 1:50pm so naturally I rushed home. I rushed my goodbyes and gave Josh a hug and a good bye and I should have called to see if Owen had shown up because when I got back (both my parents were home) neither of my parents had heard from Tori. I was pretty irritated. I called her at work and she gave me a really BS excuse. Aparently I didn't have the time to watch her son every week so it wasn't worth it to have me babysit him when I could. Wow Tori, you could've called at least. I mean really? I should have seen this coming given her track record, but I was only frustrated for a few minutes.

I changed out of the dress and drove back to the church to have lunch with my friend. I didn't talk to Ryan again, but I got to meet Josh's female cousins from Hawaii, they were really nice. After everyone had started to drift out the door I stayed behind to help clean up we packed up the food and rolled up the tables. I was kind of bored and as my charge never showed up i didn't really have anything else to do that evening I kind of followed him around. I'll take you to CHPC some time, its a really beautiful church, Josh helps out there some times. I followed him to the recording balcony and watched him push buttons and messed around with the camera. I got a tour of the equipment and he even offered to take me up into the bell tower. I was excited, I'd never gotten an opportunity like that. Climbing up there was a huge pain thoguh, we're talking 6 stories of really old rotting ladders and floor boards. Everything was made out of wood and covered in dry grime and if it wasn't wood it was stone, Still incredible though. It took me a minute to get calm but the view was incredible I could see most of College hill from there I even have a picture or two on my phone.

Finally we climbed down all 6 rotting wood ladders, okay I'm exhausted, it wasn't that bad they were just really worn down I don't think they were really rotting but they certainly were reaching the end of their days. For how sanitary and clean the church was I'm surprised that the tower was in such disrepair and so dirty. Ew. After all that climbing though my legs were jello we packed up his stuff and headed to the offices. I got to meet some of the office people and then I was introduced to the towers... I've never seen anything like it ever. Two computer towers composed entirely of disk drives. You put your master disk in the top and push a button and the seven other drives at the bottom copy your master and then spits them out as they finish. Mass Cd. Production I was like wow. That is genius. I helped by labeling his cd's and talking to the lady, I expressed my mild envy at her for having a huge mac but also my love for my pc. I also got to learn how to tell if a cd is burned or not, you can see the data ring, I didn't know that. It was an honor to help though, but before I continue I want you to again know that Josh is harmless.Believe me when I say his first and only Love is computers, like a younger Jerry that doesn't play video games.

By the time we parted it was like 5pm so I had to get home, when I got home I rested until it was time to start. This time moms musical selection was much better, only one song. As a family we also took communion together, something I've not done in a long time. My message also went a lot smoother this time even though I was tired. I was a lot more confident and all I had to do was imagine my self delivering the message like my teachers did at Sunday school. And with Dad's help it was great, I rested after that watched some Samurai Champloo and then went to bed. The whole day I missed you, I wished you could've experienced these things with me. I wasn't sad at the funeral but instead I studied it, it was new to me and different. At my funeral, I know I want it to be memorable and quick. No one likes to be sad except for emo kids, and they don't really like being sad either. I miss you, and not having you here makes me sad so... I've got to stay focused, this will all be over soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment