Saturday
What? I'm awake? Uh... no I'm going back to bed.
Mm asked me to get up finally about 1pm. I was fully up and at'em clean and fed by 2pm though. I didn't really do much today however. I felt pretty ethereal all afternoon, like I didn't know- nothing was interesting. Mom asked me to check my FB e-mail. She wanted to know if I could watch Amanda's kids later tonight so she could get out. Well, not that I could watch them but that I could take and pick up Sophie from watching them. I ended up staying and helping anyway.
You know how when your sick you feel out of it? That's like how I felt except I wasn't sick, I wasn't running a fever or anything I just wasn't all there today. Finally with directions Sophie and I left at 5:30pm and arrived about 6:05pm (she lives like waaayyy on the other side of town); Amanda was rushing to leave when we got there. There were 5 kids total, darling little things they are. Not quite like the Riddle kids but close enough. I don't know their ages but all of them are single digits. Jude is the youngest, he's like two and he's pretty cute. Like an Owen that behaves, most of the time except he has eczema, poor little guy. I ordered pizza for them and had to pick the cheese off Jude's for him, but he enjoyed it none the less. I made the mistake of leaving the pizza on the table and everyone enjoyed it all afternoon. Eh.
For the most part they entertained them selves, on the computer and watching TV. Encouraging them to brush their teeth and change into Jammie's proved difficult however. Every time I sent them to brush their teeth they would go back and get another bite of pizza until finally I put it away in the kitchen and made them all brush their teeth again. Finally 8:30pm was bed time; and everyone was good about going to bed. Except Jude. I gave him his benadril like Amanda said at 7:30pm but he still wasn't tired around 9pm when it should have knocked him out. It didn't help that Sophie was agitating him because she just doesn't get it. I might not be much better but I am glad I stayed behind to help her watch them. I don't think she's quite mature enough to watch 5 single digit kids.
What? I'm awake? Uh... no I'm going back to bed.
Mm asked me to get up finally about 1pm. I was fully up and at'em clean and fed by 2pm though. I didn't really do much today however. I felt pretty ethereal all afternoon, like I didn't know- nothing was interesting. Mom asked me to check my FB e-mail. She wanted to know if I could watch Amanda's kids later tonight so she could get out. Well, not that I could watch them but that I could take and pick up Sophie from watching them. I ended up staying and helping anyway.
You know how when your sick you feel out of it? That's like how I felt except I wasn't sick, I wasn't running a fever or anything I just wasn't all there today. Finally with directions Sophie and I left at 5:30pm and arrived about 6:05pm (she lives like waaayyy on the other side of town); Amanda was rushing to leave when we got there. There were 5 kids total, darling little things they are. Not quite like the Riddle kids but close enough. I don't know their ages but all of them are single digits. Jude is the youngest, he's like two and he's pretty cute. Like an Owen that behaves, most of the time except he has eczema, poor little guy. I ordered pizza for them and had to pick the cheese off Jude's for him, but he enjoyed it none the less. I made the mistake of leaving the pizza on the table and everyone enjoyed it all afternoon. Eh.
For the most part they entertained them selves, on the computer and watching TV. Encouraging them to brush their teeth and change into Jammie's proved difficult however. Every time I sent them to brush their teeth they would go back and get another bite of pizza until finally I put it away in the kitchen and made them all brush their teeth again. Finally 8:30pm was bed time; and everyone was good about going to bed. Except Jude. I gave him his benadril like Amanda said at 7:30pm but he still wasn't tired around 9pm when it should have knocked him out. It didn't help that Sophie was agitating him because she just doesn't get it. I might not be much better but I am glad I stayed behind to help her watch them. I don't think she's quite mature enough to watch 5 single digit kids.
Jude finally fell asleep about 10:30pm, he passed out on the couch, I waited probably 15 more minutes before I carried him to his own bed. Slightly bored, and wanting Amanda to get the most out of her night out, we put in Ponyo (great movie btw) and finished it, she arrived home about midnight, and we got home about 1:30am.
Sure was an adventure, we almost got lost on the way home but we eventually got back safely. Kids are tough... I imagine if I ever have any that'll be an adventure all on its own.
Sure was an adventure, we almost got lost on the way home but we eventually got back safely. Kids are tough... I imagine if I ever have any that'll be an adventure all on its own.
No comments:
Post a Comment